NFL post

untwillrise

from what i understood from watching the 49ers game... he is only allowed to wear that suit a few more times. i know coaches these last couple of years have tried to do this, but it had always been shot down by the commish. i guess the new commish sees the class in it. i like it!

Edited by MrStrange62

Funny, basketball coaches can wear suits but with Nike swoosh or Rbk lapel pins?

NFL coaches can now wear suits 2 times per year (with league approval) . Coincidently, thats the same number of games that teams can wear throwback uni's. Just my predicition but I think we're only gonna see coaches in suits on throwback weekends.

I wonder what Tom Landry or Vince Lombardi would have to say about the NFL's dress code for coaches?

Oh wait, that was back when the game was respected and the product on the field was more important that what the players wore. Sorry, my bad.

Tell that to the people outraged about the black unis!

---I don't suits are absolutely important but sloppy dress should be banned. The N.E. head coach (Belicheck, can't spell it) looked like he was wearing something he would wear doing yard work or camping. Weather should be a consideration but that was awful. In hot weather, a team knit shirt or shirt and tie is fine. Landry did not always wear a suit or blazer but often did. The most extreme in dress was Hank Stram (Chiefs, Dallas Texans, Saints) who always looked like he had just walked out of Nieman-Marcus etc.

--Basketball is entirely different... it is played inside and not in rain, cold, heat, snow, etc.

This is possibly my biggest pet peeve about football today.

I can't stand looking a Belichik, the Tuna or any other coaches wearing sweats to coach a football game.

At least wear a polo or button up and have some pride in your appearance.

It's a shame that the NFL has rules against wearing a suit. In no other major sport does the head coach look like he came of the practice field.

Hockey = Suits

Basketball = Suits

Baseball = Team Uniform (gotta love that tradition)

Football = Whatever has your team's logo on it

As much a Jerry Jones is disliked, at least the man wears a suit to his games. Mark Cuban and all the new young billionaire owners in their jeans and untucked shirts are embarassing.

If you force your players to wear suits to and from the game, you should force the owners too as well.