7 point underdogs for Saturday

bison

sad.gif Well, we know the reason we will not win on Saturday. The line is Louisiana by 7. Therefore, the coaches don't really need to do anything this week except to have a light practice before the game so DD can leave the same way he arrived -- LOSING.

Another year, another coach, can only pray the thing are moving upward since I really don't see how they could get much worse.

Bill Ison

Alumni

1992, MS; 1998 PhD

Who cares about the score now? It's the last game before the start of the TODD DODGE era of NT Football!!!

I know, I know.... but that's who I want. I figure if I say it enough, it will happen.

Help us RV, HELP US!!!!!!

GMG!!! wink.gif

BTW, if you have no plans, Southlake 11-0 plays Trinity 11-0, both former 5A state champs, Friday afternoon at 1pm at Texas Stadium. Should be a good game.

Perhaps if SLC doesn't win we could hire Dodge by around 10pm Saturday night?? smile.gif

makes sense, I mean Monroe, LA is a hell of a place to try to play a football game. hardly anyone leaves there with a 'W'

I have been to a half a dozen games to see NT play at Malone dating back to the 80's in which few people left Monroe LA with a win, and I tell you we were no different and have NEVER had an easy game there. Last time we played there in '03 we eeked out a win after pure luck and a desparate defensive stand.

NT was up by two and barely holding on late in the game. We couldn't move the ball and our defense couldn't hardly slow the Indians down as they had burned us twice on deep routes already. NT was forced to punt the ball again with less than a minute or two to go from just inside their 45 yard line and everyone knew they had a field goal kicker that had a strong leg and we had to pin them deep for a chance to hold onto the lead for the win. But when Kadlubar punts the ball he hits a line drive. For whatever reason the punt returner for ULM is standing on his own 5 yard line. The ball is coming straight at him, line drive style and is easily going to hit in the endzone and go out the back. But the stupid kid reaches up, waves for a fair catch and catches it, pinning them deep on about the 1 or 2 yard line. As luck would have it they moved the ball quickly into our territory but ended up running out of time before they could get their kicking team on the field. LUCKY!!!!

I told DD after the game outside the lockerromm that we have never had an easy game there and that it's rumoured that place was built on an Indian burrial ground.

That season NT finished at 9-4, ULM finished 1-11.

Rick