Dickey in the UNT Hall of Fame?

KingDL1

mad.gif If DD is honored as member of the Hall of Fame I will never send or spend one penny at UNT. This is the stupidest situation I have every seen. If the University allows him to go to the final game RV should resign. DD is the biggest cry baby and an embarresment to UNT!

You are not eligible to be in the Hall of Fame for ten years after you leave campus. In ten years DD will be only a lingering memory...no way would he be nominated much less attain the Hall of Fame status.

In 10 years, the way Darrell Dickey left the program will pale in comparison to four conference championships and the first bowl trip for UNT in 40 years. He'll be remembered as the best coach since Hayden Fry, unless his replacement takes that honor. He'll be a UNT Hall of Fame member on the first try.

I don't know what's going on with the guy right now. We have a good source for the report that he responded to his firing by telling his players it was because he "couldn't recruit" and asking how that made them feel. His conduct since the firing has been bush league and should come up every time he's considered for another head coaching job in the future.

But none of that changes his amazing four-year run through the Belt and the early defenses he put together here.

Many of you people are really starting to embarrass me with how childish you act on this board about really insignificant things. Let's remember the good things Dickey did for this program.

Dickey should be in the Hall of Fame no matter what jersey color was worn last night or how much Mattress Mack wants to throw a fit about things. Come to think of it, many of you seem like you would fit right in with MM.

There, I've spoken my peace. Flame on.

<Rewritten due to the fact that the original post made no sense. I'm really losing my mind out here in Utah.>

Edited by JayDub

I'll give DD credit for the 4 Titles and 3 winning seasons.

But you have to look at how he treated the fans and school.

Why would he want to be inducted in a HOF at school that he obviously despises.

Let me him into the HOF, but it will be nice when the time comes UNT is ranked in the Top 25 and playing in a new stadium, of course nobody will know him by then.

I'll give DD credit for the 4 Titles and 3 winning seasons.

But you have to look at how he treated the fans and school.

Why would he want to be inducted in a HOF at school that he obviously despises.

Let me him into the HOF, but it will be nice when the time comes UNT is ranked in the Top 25 and playing in a new stadium, of course nobody will know him by then.

4 titles and the bowl appearances should be just fine. Nobody's kicking O.J. Simpson or Lawrence Taylor out of the Pro Football Hall just because they were both a couple of grade A pieces of crap.

This question should be posed to non-NT diehards....like my Dad. He'd laugh at the mention of the Hall of Fame. I suspect most people not associated with NT would, too.

...oh, and if you were able to find someone who would agree that DD should be in our HOF, break out a few press clippings...you know, of the "we have the worst situation in the conference" variety.