Official Attendance: 9806

UNTflyer

As a student, I don't believe athletics is really promoted on campus.  I NEVER see any posters or emails asking the students to come out and support the team.  This doesn't make sense to me, because even though students get in for free they still spend money at the concession stand.

I've never had a problem with the students getting in for free. They do spend money in the concession stand. Students are poor. I think it's our responsiblity as Alumni to foot the bill for the rest. We ahve got to find a way to get students to a FREE game.

Student attendance was better when we were winning. Nobody wants to be remined of how bad you suck.

WHY???? do you need posters or emails asking the students to come to the damn game? It is your school and football team. You should support them. I do not care what school someone attends. 90% of the students will know that they have a FB team and that they play on a specific Saturday.

I am sick and tired of the students needing to be begged to come and support their athletic teams at NT. It is the same with men's and women's BB.

Students support your athletic teams.

ohmy.gif

Where are the students? Somewhere else that's better and more entertaining than a losing game in the bloody cold, that's where. You want students to support the team? You need to give them a reason to support the team. Not everyone is a hardcore fan, but in order to become a hardcore fan, you have to start out a fairweather fan first.

If I'm a first-year student, I wouldn't show up to some of these games either, especially when it's as cold as it is, and when the team's been coughing up games they should be winning. I don't blame them.

What does the school need to do? The solution isn't just promotion, because in reality, a promotion is worthless unless the product is worthwhile, and lately, it's easy to see the football team as an unworthy product. The university needs to improve the program, and that will put butts back in seats. Period.

Students don't get in free! They paid at registration for the right to go to every home game in every sport through their student use fee. If they choose not to attend an event to which they have already paid admission, that is their right. The fact so many don't realize they already paid is their fault.

Also, 50 degrees Fahrenheit in NOT COLD if you wear any kind of jacket, sweater, etc.

When i was at rice yesterday it was thier homecoming and they are trying to get a bowl bid for the first time in forever, and their posted attendence was 12,000. when i pulled up i thought the game was over because you could clearly see the inside of the stadium and there were like 5,000 people there.

Not everybody likes football, to get them out you have to win or play winning teams

3-7 vs 3-7 ummm i think i am going to spend my night with my grandmother knitting.