Well Nothing new tonight except all in black

bison

I don't give 2 Sh*ts about the damn uniforms. They looked like crap on TV. Whatever... What I do care about, The Game...

There are 2 people, maybe 3 we can blame for this loss.

Meager: Turnovers commited by Meager led to 14 direct points and detracted at least 3. In a one point game that is huge.

Dickey: It really pained me to his head down on the sideline, I know he really wanted this win, it was obvious. The telecast was quick to have that shot and hold it. I really, really felt for him. That aside, his coaching tonight was flawed to say the least.

First of all, allowing Meager to stay in after a fumble and an ill-advised throw... or even starting him for that matter. I just think Phillips has the hotter hand and I am partial to the hot-hand.

Second, When you are at the 40 with not much time left and any timeouts left and are down by one where a field goal will win it, run the ball. For Dickey this should have been a no brainer- play it conservatively. Run the ball stay in the center of the field and pick up the yardage to make it an easier FG. Especially the way Robertson was running the ball. Hind-sight is 20-20, but really I expected a run if Leach, or June Jones were coaching, I really did.

Ramon Flanigan: I don't know if he had any say in the final series, but for all of the above reasons, if he did, it's his fault too.

I don't give 2 Sh*ts about the damn uniforms.  They looked like crap on TV.  Whatever...

Do you know how ridiculous it is to be saying....

"Let's go, Mean Green"

"Thats good for another mean green first down"

"Go green, go white"

"Lets give a cheer for U of NT, cheer for the green and white"

...white wearing black junior high practice jerseys?

None of the other coaches fired before season's end have stooped to this level, it is just childish. It is insulting to the fans, the university, and anyone who bleeds green.

Also, if you just cared about the game, then it wouldn't matter who is playing, just watch USC/Cal or something.

Those Unis were as bad, if not WORSE than the Stars' third jerseys. Many think that DD or MM bought those all black pieces of crap. Others say they looked like practice jerseys, um, little birdie told me those WERE the practice jerseys. I alos believe that the players were told to wear them, thus possibly throwing off their concentration before the game, to all of a sudden change jerseys. And DD in all black, wow, what an arse. Hey you genius of a coach, you are what, 41-61 over NINE (9) years. You called the fans names, slammed the school and facilities. You deserve to be fired. To wear all black and tell the players to wera all black as a sign of protest, or to make a political statement is totally classless. Take your money, and your little buddy MM and go home. Oh wait, you already are. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh, did anyone see or hear some interview dd made at the beginning of the week on Fox? Apparently at the end of the interview he squeezed in the comment, " I have to go and worry about putting food on the table for my family."

If that comment is true, it shows dd's true class. I have no tolerance, pity, or sympathy to someone who makes that kind of money and issues that statement. Hey, why dont you go work in the ghetto/drug capital of the metroplex, without body armor and the possiblity of getting shot, for $9 and hour, depositing a paycheck to bring your account out of the red, then come crying about financial situations. mad.gif

GOOD RIDDANCE DD!

Do you know how ridiculous it is to be saying....

"Let's go, Mean Green"

"Thats good for another mean green first down"

"Go green, go white"

"Lets give a cheer for U of NT, cheer for the green and white"

...white wearing black junior high practice jerseys?

Did anyone see Clemson come out in their all-purple jerseys one time at Death Valley a few weeks ago? That was as bizarre as the sight of the Mean Green in black, but at least they planned ahead and the uniforms didn't look thrown together.

• 8 years later...

Such a classless move...par for the course, though. In his last few years at UNT, we heard that coaching at UNT was the hardest job in America because he was there EVERYDAY, that the few fans we had were MFers, and that his last game at home would involve wearing Hutch Black Jerseys that most middle schools wouldn't wear.

Thank goodness that Mattress Mac made us "honor" him by naming the practice fields after him. By the way, I'd go and change that name on the practice fields today--we won't get a red cent from Mattress Mac again and the practice fields don't need to be named after a loser. Make them the Hayden Fry Practice Fields, since he actually won here, unlike any other coach we've had other than Odus Mitchell in the last 60 years.

• Upvote 2