A Glanville article

Zeke

Can you imagine the press we would gain if RV brought this guy to town? Then if he started winning again here in Texas it would be huge, positve press for us.

So who would be his O coordinator? Todd Dodge. Then when Jerry is ready to retire hand the "big whistle" over to TD and watch him go.

Fun to think about, eh?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Can you imagine the press we would gain if RV brought this guy to town?  Then if he started winning again here in Texas it would be huge, positve press for us. 

So who would be his O coordinator?  Todd Dodge.    Then when Jerry is ready to retire hand the "big whistle" over to TD and watch him go.

Fun to think about, eh?

Rick

You'd have to pinch me for that one Rick, becaue it would be a dream come true.

It is a good article, but he is 65.  Can he coach another 5-8 years effectively?  And what if he won 8 games at UNT then a bigger program calls?  How loyal could this guy be to us and for how long?  He balked at the Dakota job after accepting it.

We would be ahead of where we are now which will draw even better candidates for his replacement. We can only go up from here.

It is a good article, but he is 65.   Can he coach another 5-8 years effectively?   And what if he won 8 games at UNT then a bigger program calls?  How loyal could this guy be to us and for how long?   He balked at the Dakota job after accepting it.

I think he would work his ass off for us. My question would be what kind of offense does he support? Going on history you would think it would be the wide open spread or run n shoot(?) type offense. The loyalty thing and how many years would be decided in the goals he states before taking the job. In reading the article he left South Dakota because of an unforseen situation coming up that he didn't feel he could turn down and he felt bad about having to bow out on them. But, look at how he went about to make it up to them. To me this is where the 65 years of age comes into play, and it's a good thing. Over his years of experience he fully understands what it means to have character and I think going back to help South Dakota to help with a fund raiser afterwards shows that.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

If Glanville were to get the job, I think that Ericc Pegram would have a good shot at being the running backs coach. Erric played for Glanville with the Atlanta Falcons and has expressed an interest in coaching at NT.