We made CNN Headline News sports report

SUMG

I was at the gym, and the sports guy came on CNN Headline News to give a report. Then, lo and behold I see a UNT logo on the screen (it was the Helwig era one, with copper and blue in it).

Anyway, since it was muted and I can't read lips....I don't know what they said. But, the graphic on the screen insinuated that the guy was talking about our Practice Fields being named after our recently fired coach.

Wish I could tell you more, but with it being muted (and me not wearing headphones).

I was at the gym, and the sports guy came on CNN Headline News to give a report. Then, lo and behold I see a UNT logo on the screen (it was the Helwig era one, with copper and blue in it).

Anyway, since it was muted and I can't read lips....I don't know what they said. But, the graphic on the screen insinuated that the guy was talking about our Practice Fields being named after our recently fired coach.

Wish I could tell you more, but with it being muted (and me not wearing headphones).

I didn't see it either, but it's probably in line with other recent National stories about large donors trying to influence decisions at colleges. There is a fine line between donor and demander when $$ are involved. Anyway, I'm glad RV won't let us be blackmailed to keep someone.

Edited by NT80

Kind of interesting... I was talking to a guy in HR today who went to OU and had talked to Dickey several times. Said he saw him play in college and had been on a flight with him while he was a head coach here. He said Dickey didn't appear to be head coaching material but it was awful how UNT treated him. It goes to show unless you follow UNT football very closely you really can't make a judgement call on this.

Anyways, if RV hires a guy who takes us to 11-1 and we have a few TCU type seasons, no one is going to care about the Dickey situation.