Interesting Thread on Dodge

Baby Arm!

Interesting thread on high school site re: Dogde coming to UNT. See what the outsider, 'casual fan' thinks of UNT football....

"In all fairness that has not been a program that has really generated a great deal of excitement. Dodge would get that excitement factor going and the $$ and facilities would follow. Hell on a off Sat. someone like me with no ties to the school might venture up there for a game with Dodge at the helm, while now the thought has never crossed my mind."

Thread

Interesting thread on high school site re: Dogde coming to UNT.    See what the outsider, 'casual fan' thinks of UNT football....

Gee, with Dodge we could grow to the 5A high school level. Wow.

It’s a HIGH SCHOOL football website. OF COURSE those guys would think a high school coach could manage a Division 1 College program.

If you want Dodge for offensive coordinator, that would be great.

But, the guy just doesn’t have the experience yet in a variety of areas: having to generate fan interest; real recruiting; managing in a school where academics is actually more important than football ...

A classic Catch-22

Hold on here. Todd Dodge already has college coaching experience, at UNT for that matter. He knows the college game more than many including Ramon Flanigan and Darrell Dickey.

Dodge knows the speed of D1A football. His teams also play against some of the best talent in Texas every Friday night and he beats them all the time. This is the talent we want and need so badly at UNT. This is the talent that kicks our butts in OOC every year. This is the talent that Dodge would bring to UNT!

I also don't think that Dodge would be concerned with the national image of the SBC because he would go after and attack the teams on our OOC schedule and WIN thus elevating UNT, the SBC and himself in stature and prestige.

He needs UNT just as much as UNT needs him.

The move from Southlake is an easy move. He can work out of an apartment or lease a home until his son graduates. He will still be able to attend many of his sons games at Southlake and keep ties with all the friends he has made there.

This is an opportunity of a lifetime for UNT and for Dodge. It may never come around again.

Edited by Eagle Man

It’s a HIGH SCHOOL football website. OF COURSE those guys would think a high school coach could manage a Division 1 College program.

Those silly posters on a high school website. If only they had the wisdom and insight of those who post on a college website.

Edited by Coach

But, the guy just doesn’t have the experience yet in a variety of areas: having to generate fan interest; real recruiting; managing in a school where academics is actually more important than football ...

He was an OC at NT in 92 & 93 and averaged 28ppg. What else do you need? He's done nothing but get more experience and become a better coach since then. He Coached Mitch Maher (NT HOF) and Troy Redwine (NT HOF).

Dodge would be an unbelievable hire. You can build a national championship team on Texas talent alone and Dodge would be one of the best coaches out there to recruit Texas blue chip talent to UNT. What high school football player doesn't know his name? Doesn't know about his championships? Doesn't wish they played under Dodge instead of getting beat by him every year? He already has the in with the coaches and the players all know who he is.

Gee, with Dodge we could grow to the 5A high school level. Wow.

Yes, but he coaches at a school in a district that has more money and better facilities than the schools his team plays. Surely when it's the other way around, he'll still be winning. I mean, what's the real difference between playing LSU and Grapevine, anyway? Plus, he was a quarterback for the Longhorns. You're too blind to see this guy's qualification's, Vid. Wake up. We're a I-A school now...I-A schools are always mining the prep ranks for head coaches.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Yes, but he coaches at a school in a district that has more money and better facilities than the schools his team plays.  Surely when it's the other way around, he'll still be winning.  I mean, what's the real difference between playing LSU and Grapevine, anyway?  Plus, he was a quarterback for the Longhorns.  You're too blind to see this guy's qualification's, Vid.  Wake up.  We're a I-A school now...I-A schools are always mining the prep ranks for head coaches.

You’re right. I didn’t understand we are just a 1A institution and Dodge already works at a 5A school.