Denton Record Chronicle Sports Chat

UNTLifer

UNT administration has made it clear that if you don't win you will get fired -- which is what exactly happened to Dickey.

This is probably the best thing to come out of all of this. It shows Rick has not wavered in his commitment to bring a competitive football team to NT, and the more people that recognize this the better.

moderator: Should Dickey have fired Ramon Flanigan to save his job, or was Dickey as miserable at North Texas as people say? NT John

Sports editor Russ Goodall: I think Dickey tried to make a change with the offensive coordinator position long before this season. However, no change was made and in the end firing Flanigan would just have been a bandaid on an offense that Dickey installed.

I found the above interesting. What would have kept DD from changing the offensive coordinator position long before this season?

I found the above interesting.  What would have kept DD from changing the offensive coordinator position long before this season?

.....Personal feelings,

....An ego that "Your not going to tell me how to run my program no matter how many fans my coordinator attacks in the stands".

..... and most importanly,

....A lack of DOCUMENTATION to show said coordinator has never done anything other than chase skirts and promote himself.

Rick