UTA Superior

GrandGreen

The review showed the shot didn't leave his hand before the time expired, but since we don't have a monitor on the court the officials couldn't look at it. It was complete BS though that 3 officials couldn't see that shot went off a good half second after the red light came on. It was still in the palm of his hand when the red lights hit. It wasn't like it was on the tips of his fingers. Also stat of the night us 6 FTA them 30 FTA and there were alot of times they called piss ant stuff on us where as when they made hard contact down low on Wooden or Williams no call. I was very, very disappointed with the officials. On the other side we never should have put ourselves in that position. The guys fell in love with the 3 tonight and it wasn't falling. They really needed to make something more happen down low but credit UTAs D for not letting us.

UTA came out and outplayed UNT hands down. UNT turned the ball over too much, and spent too much time on the perimeter on offense. Even with those mistakes UNT was able to hang in there. UNT clearly was more talented tonight, but when you are giving the other team that many oppurtunites you probably won't win.

It seemed like the refs were calling a foul anytime the ball went into the paint, you would think UNT would see this and start trying to pound the ball down there more

Two things.

1. UTA came to play, UNT thought they could coast to a win.

2. Can someone check to see if these are NBA 2006 Finals refs? 30 foul shots to 6? UTA was aggressive, but they also played very aggressive defense with a lot of contact. UNT was called for the contact, UTA wasn't. Also, the ref that counted the basket at the end was on the other side of the goal, obviously not in position to see if the ball was out of the hand of the shooter.

Basically, it came down to UTA coming in and playing to win and doing so. They got a lot of help from the refs, but this UNT team should not lose to that UTA regardless.

Almost forgot. Didn't we invest in the light up backboards to stop things like this from happening? From tip off to final buzzer, these refs really stunk the place up.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome

Ain't that some shit?

Beaten by a FIRST YEAR COACH!!!!!

Rick

WHOA WHOA WHOA....the freethrow discrpensy isnt because of the refs as much as yall are sayin UTA went to the bucket and drew the foul we didn't we would pull up or pass it back out or never go in and jack up a horrendous 3...were too in love with the 3 sometimes. thats part of the discrepency right there that and we foul...A LOT...

Edited by mwynn05

But you don't get tired of people badmouthing basketball that never support the program. Nice standards!

ebone,

My challenge to you this basketball season is to go ONE WEEK, that's 7 straight days, without getting into it with someone on this board. ONE WEEK. That's all we ask of you my Mean Green Spirited Brotha!!!!!.

Rick

ebone,

My challenge to you this basketball season is to go ONE WEEK, that's 7 straight days, without getting into it with someone on this board.  ONE WEEK.  That's all we ask of you my Mean Green Spirited Brotha!!!!!.

Rick

As long as you don't bash basketball until you come see them play, I won't have to get into it with anyone at all this season. Unless someone else comes along that wants to talk crap about something they haven't seen and don't have any attention of supporting.

WHOA WHOA WHOA....the freethrow discrpensy isnt because of the refs as much as yall are sayin UTA went to the bucket and drew the foul we didn't we would pull up or pass it back out or never go in and jack up a horrendous 3...were too in love with the 3 sometimes. thats part of the discrepency right there that and we foul...A LOT...

You have a point here. We shot perimeter a vast majority of the time. In fact, my brother, an aggie fan, asked why we didn't get the ball to Wooden more often. Sure he missed some easy shots, but he was a big man that had control of the middle and could not be stopped. If we went to Wooden more often we would have easier shots as well as more fouls shots.

One other thing.. someone commented on this board that Wooden didn't get any calls. This is very astute observation as he was fouled quite often. In fact, we heard one hand hit him so hard while shooting we could hear it in the student section. Yes, the officiating was bad, but we should have won nonetheless.

Edited by chrisfisher

You have a point here. We shot perimeter a vast majority of the time. In fact, my brother, an aggie fan, asked why we didn't get the ball to Wooden more often. Sure he missed some easy shots, but he was a big man that had control of the middle and could not be stopped. If we went to Wooden more often we would have easier shots as well as more fouls shots.

One other thing.. someone commented on this board that Wooden didn't get any calls. This is very astute observation as he was fouled quite often. In fact, we heard one hand hit him so hard while shooting we could hear it in the student section.  Yes, the officiating was bad, but we should have won nonetheless.

Were there a few things that happened to us down low that werent called? no doubt but the freethrow difference if because they were attacking the basket we weren't...I havent been to a practice and im not involved in the program so I dont know what coach jones is doing on offense so im not really in a position to say why our guards pull up most of the time instead of taking it to the rim and scoring, driving and dishing, (saw a little of this in the 2nd half) and pulling up sometimes.