Jonathan Jackson

chrisfisher

He is 6'8" 240lb center that transferred in. Meangreensports.com says that his specialty is shot blocking. However, we haven't seen much of him yet. I seem to recall reading somewhere that he is playing injured somewhat. Am I remember this right? He only has this and next year with us, and I'd like to get another big man that can block on the floor. Anyone know his status?

If I remember correct he was injured most or all of the last half of last season.  May be some carry over from there.  I would rather him get healthy as we havn't needed an inside defensive presence in the first 2 games, but we may need him against UTA.

Jackson was injured in his freshman year at MACC and played only about half the year and not at all last year. So it been nearly 2 years since he has played, lots of rust to lose.

Jackson dinged his knee the first week of practice. He seems OK now but had to miss several practices and was held out of the heavy running in several others. He should be 100% soon if he isn't already.

In one of those early practices, JJ as his teamates call him, dominated the boards on both ends of the court. On offense, he can score from the inside or the outside. Keep an eye on this guy. He may be better than advertised.

Jackson dinged his knee the first week of practice. He seems OK now but had to miss several practices and was held out of the heavy running in several others. He should be 100% soon if he isn't already.

In one of those early practices, JJ as his teamates call him, dominated the boards on both ends of the court. On offense, he can score from the inside or the outside. Keep an eye on this guy. He may be better than advertised.

Thanks for the good info. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of JJ. Good sized guy.. hopefully with giant sized skills.