Worst Ever GMG.com Poll II: If You Were One of the

PlummMeanGreen

Before you vote (if you vote), don't forget...........put yourself in the casual/borderline "would be" Mean Green football fan mode; you know, like the kind who would come to most home season openers the last almost decade at Fouts Field and leave at half time because you were bored, a bit pissed and tired of watching predictable uninspiring football? rolleyes.gif And then even at one game you saw a UNT assistant coach verbally acost a Mean Green fan who had silver hair. blink.gif

What kind of hire would inspire you as one of the "always" M.I.A 15,000 empty seats to cause you to want to buy tickets to fill one of those 15,000 usually empty seats?

PS: Would be interesting to know who all the non-UNT "could care less who we hire" registered members of GMG.com would be placing their votes? rolleyes.gif

No coaching hire alone would inspire me to buy tickets. I'd want to see some wins or a new exciting style of play that worked for a few games - if I was one of the casuals you described.

Is there anyway you could reword your questions to make the results somewhat worthwhile? I'd be interested to see this same poll without the editorializing of each question, although I understand the frustrations that made you phrase them how you did.

Edited by Quoner

Now didn't pollster just do all this for a recent election with how "they" thought other voters might vote, fellas? OK, that was a different deal. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Come on, guys, this poll could not make the "Worst Poll Ever" list if I did all those things you suggested. smile.gif

No poll on this board will ever be scientific since there are so many registereed on GMG.com who (firstly) did not attend UNT and (secondly) might vote what they think could be our worse possible choice (and that in other kinds of polls, not neccessarily this one).

As far as the choices to vote on, I thought they represented ( no matter how skewed) most of the choices we will have to choose from.

I don't think UNT will ever go outside the box for the name coach because that would be breaking a 25 year cycle of all those other successful hires we've made in that same span of time (insert sarcasm). sad.gifsmile.gif

Nothing personal to any A.D. we've had at UNT in past decades, but the unfair part of all this to many is how we usually get our football program defined by someone who didn't give a rat's a$$ about UNT or MG football during most of the time that many of us have followed this football program. Not from just an A.D., either, but we do seem to get our program defined by those in the broadcast booth, too, now don't we? rolleyes.gif

The aforementioned comment is not directed toward Rick V at all as I just only recently received pretty reliable info on just how strapped he has been by some UNT officials (like UNT officials are all suddenly experts as far as NCAA intercollegiate sports is concerned?) wink.gif BUT..............we do seem to get our school defined by whoever our A.D.'s have been most of past decades, but of course.............. this is the just the way things are at the NCAA D1-A or any other level (but not that we all have to particularly like that that is the way it is, of course). laugh.gif

Now (if you wish) vote how you think the casual fan; you know, the one who has 15,000 seats to choose from most any Game Day? Nevertheless, go outside your own box and vote how you think this kind of fan/alum would vote to have the kind of HFC at UNT that would cause him/her to buy a football ticket next Fall, right? rolleyes.gif

Ok, I am now working on another "Worst Poll Ever" that I will be posting in the next week or 2 or 3. tongue.gif

PS: FWIW, this does help us take Deep Green's suggestion in another thread of his where he suggests we all get off the subject of Mattress Mac and DD Ball, now doesn't it? biggrin.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Even moving from NJ or where ever this imaginary fan is from, if they were REAL football fans, they would have heard of Southlake! Remember that Southlake has been ranked in the top 5 HS football programs IN THE COUNTRY in the past 5 or more years. We aren't talking about a coach from a 2A school. We are talking about a nationally ranked program that has played games on ESPN for the last 3 years!!

Dodge would be able to bring in good players, which will result in more wins, which will result in more butts in the stands, which will result in more money for the program, which will result in a new stadium, which will result in even better recruiting which will result in even more wins leading to more fans and on and on.

I say.... Let the cycle begin NOW!!!!! rolleyes.gif

Even moving from NJ or where ever this imaginary fan is from, if they were REAL football fans, they would have heard of Southlake! Remember that Southlake has been ranked in the top 5 HS football programs IN THE COUNTRY in the past 5 or more years. We aren't talking about a coach from a 2A school. We are talking about a nationally ranked program that has played games on ESPN for the last 3 years!!

I follow college football, but I could not tell you the top high school in Florida or California. O Ohio. Other than people who have kids at other schools on the “Mythical HS Top 10” list, I don’t think many pay attention to this list at all.