TAMU Fixin' To Fire Fran? If So He Will Have Nice

PlummMeanGreen

...and if TAMU were to fire him what this means is that money probably won't be a prime or immediate consideration for him for awhile since he will have a small gold mine in his bank if the Aggie elect fire him years before his official contract is over.

Now if Coach Fran has a clause in his contract that says if he takes another head football coaches job immediately that he forfeits much of his gold mine then all bets for his taking any non-BCS job would be off.

We all know Dennis Francione is a big dollar guy who even left a $1 million a year contract on the table when he stiffed TCU for Alabama. Even more amazing how he had had already applied for our job before at the time our college football hiring experts (of that era) in Denton chose Dennis Parker over Dennis Francione. blink.gif

But even if Coach Fran is not even vaguely interested in our job, shouldn't the real message with this be that UNT needs to wait and see before we jump into any new hire; that is, if we find that a new Chevy might be available out there over a used Ford; or there might be a better choice for our job over an unproven, untested commodity who has never been an NCAA D1-A head football coach?

Even with UTEP Coach Mike Price's up and coming of a coach sons interest in our job I think many of us might be very surprised with others who will apply for our job; just like they supposedly did when they were all headed off at the pass so Helwig could make a quick hire of Darrell Dickey. sad.gif

At UNT the last quarter century, we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot a whole bunch when it comes to hiring head coaches for our varsity programs.

NOTE: Of course, if Coach Fran's Texas Aggies beat the Texas Longhorns on Thanksgiving Day, he will have probably saved his job yet for another year in College Station.

Just more food for thought as we all hope whoever we hire can hire good assistants (recruiters), help Rick V raise money for a new football stadium and just shows some common sense and words of praise and encouragement when he becomes a radio celebrity in post game radio shows in this 6 million populated DFW Metroplex of which many can pick up the Mean Green Radio Network when they want to.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The Hardline was discussing Fran's record this afternoon against OU, UT, and TT I believe, and I couldn't believe it. Talk about a coach who's wheels have fallen off. That guy goes from arguably the hottest coaching commodity in the country when he was hired by Alabama, stayed there a year (giving the sorriest reason for leaving them) and bolted to the Ags. If they lose to UT, I don't see them keeping him.