UNT to be Dodge driven?

Harry

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard, and this is just another one of those rumours, but from the same source that told me weeks ago that Dodge would consider a college job if the right opportunity came along,(and now that apparantly was true) but I hear that there is a chance that if TD comes he would bring a staff that is laden with college experienced assitants, including one from tU.

Lolz

He is a guy on the way up and will be motivated in a way an established coach at a BCS program might not be. He'll have no misconceptions, nothing taken for granted that a guy coming from a UT type program might have. But perhaps the biggest selling point to me is that he is a guy that is used to winning, and accepts nothing less.

High school or not, if he is interested, and we pass on this guy, I have a strong feeling we'll be looking at it in the rear view mirror ten years from now and kicking ourselves. Dodge is going places, and I'd much prefer it be here.

I said just as much happy fun in other threads, but this is a really fun/depressing walk down memory lane - especially when you look at what the same people in this thread think now.

There were a fair amount of responses from people against hiring a high school coach.

It's funny to read the talk of him helping local recruiting, almost as if it was going to happen by hubris. Real funny stuff when you read it now and look at where the top local players are going, and who they are and - in our case - not considering.

The thing about people assuming he'd bring in college level assistants is pretty funny, too.

It's good to see that some people who supported the move then see the light now. You also see some of the true blues who wanted it then and still defend it now.

In the end, I hope someone on the Board or Dr. Bataille is already compiling a list of athletic directors and coaches to hire next November or December. Yes, I know...that would be the ultimate in planning ahead and showing some sort of interest in the long term health of the program. But, we can dream, can't we?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I said just as much happy fun in other threads, but this is a really fun/depressing walk down memory lane - especially when you look at what the same people in this thread think now.

Yup. Swing and a miss. And not a foul tip, either. More like a "swung-so-hard-you-dislocated-your-shoulder-and-tore-your-rotator-cuff" miss.

It's funny to read the talk of him helping local recruiting, almost as if it was going to happen by hubris. Real funny stuff

I don't think it's funny at all now days. I don't like to hear the laughing in the background at the family gatherings during the Christmas season. I don't like hearing the snickering and seeing the signs and clippings making fun of North Texas hung up all around my work place. I wished I could collect it all, bottle it up and send it to some people in Denton and let them live with it for a little while.

Just like bringin up old threads like this, it's not funny, not one damn bit.

Rick