Coaches getting hired away

VideoEagle

Something Silver Eagle pointed out in another thread got me thinking - how many of our football hear coaches have been hried away from us?

I think just 2. Ever. Hayden and Jerry Moore. And have Moore hired away was probably a blessing considering his record 11-11 record with us and bad record at Tech.

A lot of our assistants have been hired away, but not the bosses.

]\

If we get a good one in here, just like at Boise State and others, they will move on.

I never questioned this before, but how many coaches move on voluntarily?

And I now that I'm thinking about it, it's not just NT. How many SMU coaches have move on because they got a better offer? At TCU I can think of Franchioni and no others, but I don't know their history that well.

Let's drop down and look at C-USA schools. From Tulsa, Tulane, USM, Memphis or U of H?

I'm beginning to think one our criticisms of DD is unfounded. (Please everyone note I wrote just ONE!) Having you're good head coach hired away from you seems to happen at the 1AA and below level, but rarely at the 1A level.

I hope I'm wrong, but someone please point out 25 or 30 examples. There are 119 schools, that means at least 1/3 should be low enough on the food chain to have coaches stolen on a regular basis if the idea that coaches move on is really true.

Can anyone name 25 examples in the last 10 years?

No, I'm not saying we should have kept DD. But I am at least suggesting the idea we can't keep a coach might be wrong!

Last UH football coach was an asst at TTech. Before him, we hired a HC from Wyoming and before that an asst with the Dolphins.

Hoops: Drexler, McCallum (HC at Ball State) and Penders (announcer)

If you have big bucks, you can hire coaches away. The two previous coaches before our current ones were both fired or quit.

Mack Brown -- UNC HC

Francionne -- Alabama HC

Patterson -- TCU DC

Bennett -- KSU DC

Leach -- OU OC

Stoops -- FL DC

Price -- Alabama HC (fired)

LSU Coach -- OK State HC

Not many HCs are stolen away.