Day 3 after DD Day-"The Firing"

Eagle Man

I feel great. I will now renew my MGC membership and season tickets for next year. Can't wait.

The strangulation that Big Mac had on UNT Athletics has ended! FINALLY. Those were some of the darkish years I have ever experienced concerning UNT football. We were being suffocated. People, our program was slowly dying right before our very eyes. This was way to close.

Mattress Man, you aren't my friend. You didn't respect me or my fellow alumns, the students or The University of North Texas.

I feel great. I will now renew my MGC membership and season tickets for next year. Can't wait.

The strangulation that Big Mac had on UNT Athletics has ended! FINALLY. Those were some of the darkish years I have ever experienced concerning UNT football. We were being suffocated. People, our program was slowly dying right before our very eyes. This was way to close.

Mattress Man, you aren't my friend. You didn't respect me or my fellow alumns, the students or The University of North Texas.

No. All he did was give a ton of money to the program. Something I doubt you've done or will ever do.

No.  All he did was give a ton of money to the program.  Something I doubt you've done or will ever do.

A program relying on only one donor will not stand! UNT should operate with the best interests of the program in mind, rather than a single donor. I think we see RV and the Prez trying to do just that!

I would have renewed my season tickets no matter what, I just love Saturdays at Fouts. However, I will now join the MGC, Jr Mean Green, and try to talk a few other alums I know into getting season tickets. Before Dickey being let go, it was plain weird, not to mention difficult, to try and convince someone to get season tickets.

Please forgive my ignorance, who is matress man and big mac? I followed Fry and after that was a bad alum, but I'm back! Went to the SMU game and I thought we were back in the hunt, obviously not. Sorry for the questions but I'm very close to a recruit who is thinking of NT very seriously and this (firing)came as a BIG surprise.

user posted image

That is him on the right with the red hat. He is a multi millionaire and icon in Houston where he started Gallery furniture and turned it into a very successful business. He gave UNT athletics the largest donation they had ever received (1 million dollars) to help us build the Athletic Center. He played football for UNT under Hayden Fry I believe and his son attended and graduated from UNT just a couple of years ago.

user posted image

That is him on the right with the red hat. He is a multi millionaire and icon in Houston where he started Gallery furniture and turned it into a very successful business.  He gave UNT athletics the largest donation they had ever received (1 million dollars) to help us build the Athletic Center.  He played football for UNT under Hayden Fry I believe and his son attended and graduated from UNT just a couple of years ago.

....and his nephew is currently our Tight Ends coach.

Rick

It came as a BIG surprise to most of the current players.

The grapevine says that DD walked into the locker room on Wednesday and told the players he had been fired because he "Couldn't Recruit. He then asked them how that made them feel?"

Don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds like Dickey!

The grapevine says that DD walked into the locker room on Wednesday and told the players he had been fired because he "Couldn't Recruit. He then asked them how that made them feel?"

I won't assume this to be true. But if it is true we couldn't have made a better decision.

El Guapo also heard he ate a puppy and kicked an old lady down the stairs. If El Guapo read it on the internet it must be true.

El Guapo would also like to state that although El Guapo has, in fact, eaten several domesticated animals, and shot women of all ages, it is conduct El Guapo finds unsavory in a head coach.

Agreed and makes me rethink my thoughts about Dickey the man.  In very poor taste if this is true.

My hunch is that this is defintely true. Seemed like he had a bit of an attitude, and a "holier-than-thou" personality...

Anyway, good riddance... Dickey-ball was getting old, and I am looking forward to beating some more OOC opponents.

Edited by NCMeanGreen

Man, I had no idea the NT fans felt like this about Coach D. Thanks for the information. I do like Coach Etheridge, Coach Evans and Coach Russell and I hope they keep some coaches. As an asst. coach you do not have the last say. I hope things work out and I must say when I met Coach D. he was very nice and said the right things, also his wife was one of the nicest people you would want to meet. I loved NTSU and I think you guys know more about UNT than most other people know about their teams, they put down players which makes me sick. They obviously did not play the game.

It is true, that is exactly what he told the players.

Thanks for the confirmation. I try and post only facts!

It is true, that is exactly what he told the players.

That is in very poor taste and I'm sorry to hear that he would say that to a group of 18 to 22 year olds, but it seems to be his MO. Blamed everything on his tough situation at NT and now blames his players for his demise.

If I were RV, I would ask DD to not return for the final three games, turn the reigns over to Kenny Evans or another assistant and wash my hands of this situation.

Maybe the media should be made aware of this type of crap and see how their perception of DD changes.