Parker County News Flash

UNTLifer

OK, fellas, I get the message... rolleyes.gif

I am sure this may amaze some of you, but I am not in a celebrative mood at all, but in a mood where I feel empathy for one I have tried my dead level best as one NT Ex, ie, one lone voice to express all the reasons (to the point of ad nausum with many of you) of why I felt DD should be replaced. I have not changed my mind on any of those reasons, but I don't think (when it comes to the nut-cuttin' reality of all this) that any of us would really find any semblance of glory in someone losing their job. All this has most strangely created a bitter-sweet feeling for me--hellsbells, don't get me to try to explain any of this now.

I hardly know Rick Villarreal at all, either, but from all I've heard about him from some of you, I don't think this could have been an easy thing for him to do, and I would think he probably even today has a bit of a hollow pit in his stomach, too.

For all parties concerned with this very unique chapter of UNT history just have to all move on and move forward....that's all I can really say.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It is certainly bittersweet. I've managed people for over three decades and having to terminate someone is never, ever easy.

To Darrell, thanks for the memories of those four great years and key wins over Tx Tech, SMU, Baylor, and some that I'm missing. Time to move on. I wish only the best for you and your family, and a healthy lifestyle that will keep you going for another 40+ years.

DeepGreen