DRC Article: Flanigan Moves To Sideline

UNTLifer

From the DRC Article: Flanigan and head coach Darrell Dickey said they made the switch so Flanigan could get a better feel for the game while calling plays and have more one-on-one contact with the Mean Green’s quarterbacks.

Wow!!!

Now this is the major coaching change I've been looking for!!! Way to go Dickey!!!

I'm amazed it only took 9 games, I figured it would take at least 11 to make a change this big!

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I'm glad RF took credit for the offensive increase even though the Dickey/Brewster "Green" Team was the reason for it and RF had absolutely no part in it.

Separating the Dickster from the ugly stuff, now? rolleyes.gif

I have new nickname for DD --> Teflon Darryl

He always finds a way to keep fans loyal. Nothing sticks or can break the man. Truely the Teflon Don.

Edited by Got5onIt

Separating the Dickster from the ugly stuff, now?  rolleyes.gif

I have  new nickname for DD --> Teflon Darryl

He always finds a way to keep fans loyal. Nothing sticks or can break the man. Truely the Teflon Don.

Oh, I'm not saying DDs mark wasn't on the regular squad, but the man from that duo not present in the Green team is RF. So I feel like that he is most likely the problem. Either that or Brewster just really is that good.

Oh, I'm not saying DDs mark wasn't on the regular squad, but the man from that duo not present in the Green team is RF.  So I feel like that he is most likely the problem.  Either that or Brewster just really is that good.

I'll stick with your Brewster Theory.

Teflon Dickey may very well have beaten the "rap" and will be back next year. sad.gif

All BELO sites made the change (DRC, DMN, WFAA, etc...) and yeah, it's terrible!!!

I can't get to the DRC sports pages right now. I guess to many GMG readers are out there reading it... huh.gif

I can't get past the spam to get to the sites! I get hit so many times I'm out of window space before I can read an article

Oh, I'm not saying DDs mark wasn't on the regular squad, but the man from that duo not present in the Green team is RF.  So I feel like that he is most likely the problem.  Either that or Brewster just really is that good.

OR, the offense was better because we were playing the WORST Defense in all of D1 football.

This offense will come back down to reality this week.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Here's what bothers me about the whole thing.... Throughout his tenure at NT, everyone has always said that DD called all the shots on offense - including approving plays from RF before they hit the field. If that's true, that certainly explains a lot of the delay of game penalties we get - especially in recent years.

So if DD approves all of RF's plays, then how is it that we can say DD basically washed his hands on the regular offense and implemented his own offense for the Green Team. What in the 9 years of Dickey Ball has made people think this to be the case? My theory is that DD felt it was a nothing to lose situation and let Brewster call the plays. Maybe I'm wrong and DD did have more a say in the Green Team offense, but my gut feeling just tells me no.