What really burns me up

GangGreen

Are we the only team in the universe, that when trailing with 3:30 left in the game would choose this play selection?

N 1-10 N24 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 03:38 (4th).

N 1-10 N24 Robertson, Evan rush for 7 yards to the NT31 (Crosby, Robert;McBeath,

Marqui).

N 2-3 N31 PENALTY NT personal foul (Nwigwe, Joel) 15 yards to the NT16.

N 2-18 N16 Robertson, Evan rush for 5 yards to the NT21 (Pugh, Chris;Harris, Quin).

N 3-13 N21 Robertson, Evan rush for 9 yards to the NT30 (Crosby, Robert).

N 4-4 N30 Timeout North Texas, clock 02:05.

N 4-4 N30 Meager, Daniel pass complete to Nwigwe, Joel for 13 yards to the NT43,

1ST DOWN NT.

N 1-10 N43 Robertson, Evan rush for 3 yards to the NT46 (Smith, D'Anthon;McBeath,

Marqui).

N 2-7 N46 PENALTY NT false start (Venegas, Adam) 5 yards to the NT41.

N 2-12 N41 Meager, Daniel pass intercepted by Walker, Shalama at the TECH40,

Walker, Shalama return 33 yards to the NT27 (Nwigwe, Joel).

Guest JohnDenver

That really got under my skin too.. amazing.

2nd and 18 .. we run.

3rd and 13 .. we run.

4th and 4 .. i was convinced we were going to run again. Maybe that is why the pass worked -- La Tech thought the same thing. Genius!

Then we ran again.

It is a bad roller coaster.

That really got under my skin too.. amazing.

2nd and 18 .. we run.

3rd and 13 .. we run.

4th and 4 .. i was convinced we were going to run again. Maybe that is why the pass worked -- La Tech thought the same thing. Genius!

Then we ran again.

It is a bad roller coaster.

Not defending the play calling here but if you look at that series Robertson was averaging 6 yards per carry. Not to mention he hasn't thrown an interception all year.

---I can stand losing when the other team is actually better..... I dislike losing because of stupidity including especially personal fouls etc. and plays that make no sense at all (run when the situation is (3-10+). The only way that would work is when they have no one over center and there is yards of yards of space because they are covering the obvious pass option.... that rarely happens. I did see it once in an NFL game this week when the center/guards and QB took off and made a bunch. (about 8-12 yards).

---Most games are lost because of turnovers and stupid penalities if the teams are anywhere close to each other in ability and even then the unbelievable underdog wins sometimes because of them . (Miami/Chicago or Pitts/Oakland lately)

---Isn't TO a real prize....can't catch routine balls (for a well paid receiver) and causes penalities that hurt the team.

Guest JohnDenver

Not defending the play calling here but if you look at that series Robertson was averaging 6 yards per carry.  Not to mention he hasn't thrown an interception all year.

Let's assume he continues with the 6 yard average.

We needed to go 76 yards in 3:30.

Let's assume it takes 20 seconds to run each play.

76/6 = 13 plays to go 76 yards.

13 plays at 20 seconds each = 260 seconds.

260 seconds is 4.33 minutes.

We needed 50 yards to be within field goal range, right?

We would need 9 plays.

180 seconds = 3 minutes.

So we would have 30 seconds to piss away and set up a field goal for the tie.

Does this mean DD and crew were playing for the tie?

I hadn't really even considered that. I figured we were playing for the win and that is why I was frustrated with the run run run (desperate) pass run play calling.

Let's assume he continues with the 6 yard average.

We needed to go 76 yards in 3:30.

Let's assume it takes 20 seconds to run each play.

76/6 = 13 plays to go 76 yards.

13 plays at 20 seconds each = 260 seconds.

260 seconds is 4.33 minutes.

We needed 50 yards to be within field goal range, right?

We would need 9 plays.

180 seconds = 3 minutes.

I hadn't really even considered that. I figured we were playing for the win and that is why I was frustrated with the run run run (desperate) pass run play calling.

I was going to mention this is a much more un-civil manner.

Actually, his goal was just to keep it close all the way into the 4th quarter. The mission was accomplished so no need to do anything foolish.

Keith