Most educational day of College Football....EVER.

FirefightnRick

And at least the game was exciting. I had heard that there was something new in the works during the week but didn't expect to see our second O come in and our first O sit, only to watch the 2nd O rack up 17 points. DD and Andy Brewster worked all week on this with the second unit and it was planned that if there was no production by the 1st O by the end of the second series that they were going to sit.

Word is that Brewster was actually calling some of the plays for the second O. Flanagan was on the sidelines tonight and not calling any plays during this time. That's entertainment and well worth tonights price of admission for sure regardless of the loss. God Bless coach Andy Brewster.

It was great to see Scott Hall, K.R. Carpenter and Cody Spencer again. The jets had the week off and Cody was in town all week. Remember K.R.? He's that reciever that we couldn't use a few years back who then transferred to Texas State? The bobcats found a need for him to the tune of the record books in San Marcos now. Keep in mind initially we didn't have a need for JQ out of HS either.... Thank you K Mart! dry.gif

All in all today I learned how very damn much a lot of people, current students and alumni alike, love and hold a deep passion for the Mean Green. People are extremely hungry to see us get back to championship form. I'm excited to see what new changes bring coupled with some of the young talent on this team.

Good to see everyone again after such a long time between home games. See you in a couple of weeks.

Rick

Like I posted on another thread bringing in Brewster was long overdue. If he was calling the shots for that 2nd quarter get rid of RF and Etheridge and let Brewster do their job the rest of the season. He did more coaching in a week than those 2 have done in atleast 2-3 maybe 4 years.

I would say there are atleast 20k passionate fans out there just waiting for something to cheer about. All we ask is for Dickey to give it to us. You want the fans to come out Dickey? Deliver us a product worth watching. Deliver us the offense that was out there in the 2nd quarter. Had that group of guys played all season we wouldn't be 2-7 I can guarandamntee that. They put up more points and more offense in a quarter than our regular O could put up in 3 weeks.

I doubt Spencer would be back on the sidelines for us until his NFL career is over, but what about Casey? He helped out 2 years ago with the LBers and did a helluva job, and for that matter what about Hurd? He was a hell of an over achiever that played well above his god given athletic ability. That is the kind of heart this team needs coaching them.

I would say there are atleast 20k passionate fans out there just waiting for something to cheer about.  All we ask is for Dickey to give it to us.  You want the fans to come out Dickey?

I mean this in all sincerity, at this point DD's resignation would energize the fan-base more than anything else he could possibly do.

Edited by KingDL1

Let me just add with your mentioning our past players. I can't repeat everything I heard today but if those guys could suit up right now someone on the other side of the line would be in a shit storm. As fans, we truly did not realize how much of a close knit group we had back in the championship years and how much they despised losing. They didn't like it then and they damn sure don't like seeing it happen to their school now.

Rick

I mean this in all sincerity, at this point DD resignation would energize the fan-base more than anything else he could possibly do.

Probably true, but firing RF and Etheridge then promoting Brewster, bringing back Cobbs, and either Casey or Hurd would definately get my butt back to the stadium.

Also, this kind of got lost in everything else, but why in the hell is Joel Nwigwe still playing? Casey Fitzgerald and Brandon Jackson are better than him and don't drop the ball as much. Also, why is Collins on the 2nd team? From what I have seen he catches and blocks better than our other TEs.

Evan Robertson looked very strong this game. I hate to say it, but he seems to run much better than Jamario right now. Even when he'd get caught in the backfield he'd seem to slip and slide his way out of there to, at least, get back to the line of scrimmage.

Edited by chrisfisher

Let me just add with your mentioning our past players.  I can't repeat everything I heard today but if those guys could suit up right now someone on the other side of the line would be in a shit storm.  As fans, we truly did not realize how much of a close knit group we had back in the championship years and how much they despised losing.  They didn't like it then and they damn sure don't like seeing it happen to their school now. 

Rick

yep

and it was planned that if there was no production by the 1st O by the end of the second series that they were going to sit.

Maybe we could do this with the coaching staff too? Have another head coach and staff waiting in the wings to come on the field and take over the game when DD & Co. falls behind. Brilliant! biggrin.gif

Has anyone talked about the Green O-line? They lined up with the d-fense with 10 in the box everytime and held their own or gave Cox a hole. Also what about Cox? He seemed to be finding the smallest holes and hit them hard and fast. And last why did i hear that our d-backs are so good from the coaches but they are always 10 yards deep and still get beat all over the feild?

If we have a new coach no matter who it is we will win the sunbelt!!! Guartentee!!!!