Library Mall expansion - NT

Stan R

NT Daily

Can't wait to see what this will look like.  For 1.3 million it better look VERY good.

Anything will be better than 70s-era bleak mall they have going now.

And while they're at it, why don't they replace the Willis Library with something that looks more like a college library than a soviet government building??? blink.gif

user posted imagedry.gif

I'm glad they're finally finishing it up. The waterfall construction has been a stagnant eyesore for months now. And seriously, walking around the fencing doesn't even add a minute to your trip between the library and the ESSC. I can't see how it's such an inconvenience. And who wants a Library Mall that's just "fine." It wasn't fine. The ground under the swings and between the swings and where the waterfall will be looked less than cared for. I want a Library Mall that would make the Arboretum jealous.

Construction halted because of incoming donations that ultimately totaled $500,000.

"We started in February but when the donations kept coming we had to stop, redesign, and get [the new plans] approved .

"Spending $1.3 million to renovate it is way too much money," said Adrienne Scruggs, Allen sophomore. "It looked fine before."

$500,000 of it is DONATED, Adrienne!

Like SilverEagle reminds us: If you were to hand out free $100 dollar bills on Avenue C someone would bitch that their's had been folded too much.

Rick

Like SilverEagle reminds us:  If you were to hand out free $100 dollar bills on Avenue C someone would bitch that their's had been folded too much.

No kidding. The mall update is critical to improving the quality of life on campus through improving the look of the campus.

It's inconvienient as heck if your going from Willis to ESSC, sure.

I'm not sure if you guys saw it before they started work on that waterfall, but it really did look nice around the fountain, to the admin building. It did look good before, but if this makes it better, then that's okay too. I too, hope it doesn't take too long, because the construction looks far worse than the job they had done before to restore that area. And I'm sure many of us are fine with the school spending that much to make that site really nice. I just hope that the funding keeps pouring in to beautify other parts of the campus that need updating as well, say, fouts field...