Most Annoying sound

Stan R

Until a couple days ago - I would say it was the eagle "screech" that the jumbotron ( is it technically large enough to be termed "jumbo"? - I digress) dishes out multiple times a game. But if any of you saw the Tulsa/UTEP game - they have a hurricane warning siren that wails our for what seems like 15 seconds. Hands down that just took the crown for most annoying sound heard at a college football game.

Honorable mention: TCU's ridiculous frog horn.

Any others out there people can think of? Which team's fans use the cowbells? That would be in the top ten for sure.

In totally unrelated news... The new Firefox browser has an AUTOMATIC spell check that works when you type in a post on bulletin boards. That's a hint - some of you - you know who you are... need to get Firefox. laugh.gif

Edited by Stan R

In totally unrelated news... The new Firefox browser has an AUTOMATIC spell check that works when you type in a post on bulletin boards.  That's a hint - some of you - you know who you are... need to get Firefox.  laugh.gif

Considering that "lose" and "loose" are both spelled correctly, I just don't see the application here. ph34r.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

Until a couple days ago - I would say it was the eagle "screech" that the jumbotron ( is it  technically large enough to be termed "jumbo"? - I digress) dishes out multiple times a game.  But if any of you saw the Tulsa/UTEP game - they have a hurricane warning siren that wails our for what seems like 15 seconds.  Hands down that just took the crown for most annoying sound heard at a college football game. 

Honorable mention:  TCU's ridiculous frog horn.

Any others out there people can think of? Which team's fans use the cowbells? That would be in the top ten for sure.

In totally unrelated news... The new Firefox browser has an AUTOMATIC spell check that works when you type in a post on bulletin boards.  That's a hint - some of you - you know who you are... need to get Firefox.  laugh.gif

Will it also select the correct word....e.g. lose/loose and there/their/they're?

I always noticed that numerous forum members are sticklers for proper spelling. However, I believe that this season's poor football play has sent some of you spiraling into the dark world of "proper spelling OCD"... there are treatments out there for this. Please get help soon. These things only get worse. biggrin.gifblink.gifbiggrin.gif

I always noticed that numerous forum members are sticklers for proper spelling. However, I believe that this season's poor football play has sent some of you spiraling into the dark world of "proper spelling OCD"... there are treatments out there for this. Please get help soon. These things only get worse.  biggrin.gif  blink.gif  biggrin.gif

Everyone should be able to write properly in their native tongue. Too many people today excuse poor spelling and grammar. If you're interested in a good and somewhat tongue-in-cheek read, I suggest Lynne Truss's Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Some of the grammar mistakes are really inexcusable, considering most people on this board have at least a Bachelor's degree. I proudly consider myself a grammarian and am definitely a self-diagnosed "proper spelling OCD-er," but then, I have (in December) a Master's degree in Technical Writing.

So would you call me a masochist? blink.giftongue.gif

I hate to break up the grammar debate, but back to the original topic.......

The best known cowbell school these days would be Mississippi State.

My other addition to the annoying game sound effect list would be the cock crowing at South Carolina games. Listen for it Saturday night when they play Arkansas if it is televised in Texas.

P.S. You got a problem with cowbells? mad.giflaugh.gif