If our crowd Saturday is as bad as SMU's

Green Grenade II

I would like to think that if we were on ESPN the Duece & still in Bowl Contention that we could get a Hell of alot more people in the stands than what SMU has gotten tonight regardless of its Halloween or not. Of course , seeing what kind of crowd ( lack there of ) they brought to Denton it shouldnt surprise me.

I'm still hoping for a decent turnout. I'm bringing my family of 4 and 3 more to their first game. If you're on the fence about going, PLEASE go ahead and go. The atmosphere of the game is what WE can control even if the product on the field is not as good as in years past. Plus someone posted that we're picked to win by a couple points.

For a game we're picked to win, against a Team that everyone has heard of, we ought to have a good crowd.

Come help me control the atmosphere......with the help of Beerman and free Beer.

Not that we were any good at the time, but I remember us playing on a Halloween night around 1999, and the crowd being extremely sparse.  That is just not a good night to play period, especially when you don't have to(a Tuesday night).

The crowd is not the point. Every Radio Station this AM was singing the praises of SMU--front page coverage in DMN, and main sports page story-- with the $$$ SMU has do they care that their attendance was 13,200? I think not. I feel like the Japanese Admiral in Tora,Tora,Tora in that our win over SMU only awakened a sleeping Giant and filled him with a terrible resolve. Hold on when we show up in Ford Stadium next year with DD, RV, LJ, RF, and all the gang. IT WILL BE REALLLY UGLY!!!!! laugh.gif

Edited by DallasGreen

I'm bringing a couple of friends and we're going to get there early for tailgating, but I don't know much about the tailgating scene, except that it's good.  I've heard a couple of comments about free beer, is this true?

not only is it true... its... um... true. when you get into the parking lot go to the budwieser tents. there will be a flatbed truck with a mobile stage on it. when you hear the beerman begin his serinade you will see the tent giving away all the golden happiness you can consume.

not only is it true... its... um... true. when you get into the parking lot go to the budwieser tents. there will be a flatbed truck with a mobile stage on it. when you hear the beerman begin his serinade you will see the tent giving away all the golden happiness you can consume.

It should be a great place to be if you enjoy a lot of solitude!!! laugh.gif

What time does this glorious gesture of generosity usually take place?