UTEP Football passed us by

El Paso Eagle

After last Friday’s loss to Tulsa you should have heard the local call in show. The Miner fans are not happy at being 4-4. Spoiled/Ungrateful fan – NO!!!! What they have done is raise their level of expectation from the football team. IMO they get it – yes they are happy to have Coach Price and crew, but the message is also there that if the University expects the fan base to go all out and support the team the Fan-Base expects the team to be held accountable to higher levels of expectations and to produce – What a novel concept. I guess the Green Kool-Aid many here drink does not come in Orange.

After last Friday’s loss to Tulsa you should have heard the local call in show. The Miner fans are not happy at being 4-4. Spoiled/Ungrateful fan – NO!!!! What they have done is raise their level of expectation from the football team. IMO they get it – yes they are happy to have Coach Price and crew, but the message is also there that if the University expects the fan base to go all out and support the team the Fan-Base expects the team to be held accountable to higher levels of expectations and to produce – What a novel concept. I guess the Green Kool-Aid many here drink does not come in Orange.

I thought that the hiring of Mike Price was an immediate and immutable cure-all for their program. UTEP is limping along at .500?? Does this mean that a big name coach won't guarantee us a top 25 finish from now through eternity??

I don't think anyone ever said Price was a guarantee of victories. What it did say is that the administration was willing to put forth the effort to give the program a chance to win. I guarantee if the current Mean Green team lined up against UTEP is would be an ass-kicking in favor of the Miners. Why would you seem to be more content at trying to cut down Price or UTEP’s recent success than facing NT’s problems?

Edited by El Paso Eagle