Off current topic...

DeepGreen

Could this be a kicker prospect for NT?

Boswell 31, Springtown 28

FG lifts Boswell as time expires

By NAKIA HOGAN

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

SPECIAL TO THE STAR-TELEGRAM/BOB HAYNES

SPRINGTOWN -- Greg Lopez's legs felt like spaghetti. His heart threatened to beat right out of his jersey. He tried to suck in one more gasp of air, but a lump grew in his throat.

As the Boswell senior kicker lined up for a career-long 48-yard field-goal attempt, he had never been so uneasy.

After his kick sailed just over the crossbar, he had never felt so good. Lopez's kick as time expired lifted the Pioneers to a pivotal 31-28 District 6-4A victory over Springtown onj Friday night at Porcupine Stadium.

"I have never been so nervous before in my life," he said moments after being mobbed by his teammates. "But as soon as I hit it, I knew it was good."

Kicking a 48 yrd FG under intense pressure sounds pretty impressive to me.

The new coaching staff ought to look at this young man.

Edited by SilverEagle

Who was the "Moss" recruit from Denton Ryan a few years ago that had grade issues and never enrolled at NT?  And didn't he have a brother named Jarvis?

Jarvis a stud at Florida, just like Taylor Casey's brother Tate.