My Thoughts

good_ken

I realized today that I haven't posted much this season, and my agent indicated that she's been getting calls about a public statement on my thoughts on the season....so here it goes:

• In most of the games this year, it appears as if our talent level was fairly close to our opponents.
  • The O-line blocked during the SMU game, so that tells me it can be done. Which also tells me it has quite a lot to do with schemes and motiviation.
  • This was one of the worst managed games ever. The double time out was the crowning moment. Hank Dickenson, paud UNT staff, was really having trouble justifying that one.
  • Which brings me to the radio broadcast. Shouldn't a Senior Athletic Director be so busy fundraising for a stadium that he doesn't have time to do the color commentary? In a time where we complain about not having funds to retian assistant coaches, it seems that we are grossly overpaying for color commentary
  • Unless Brandon Kennedy's clone is out there, prepare for a defense that will be just as poruous next year. Defenses are built from the inside out, and I don't see any help on the way.
  • Just think what our offense will be like next year w/o Quinn; that thought frightens me.
  • Unless something really changes, like w/o Jamario really, really frightens me. Recruiting a running back will be vital this off-season.
  • As bad as La Tech is this year, I am still frightened by that game.

That game today drained so much of my life force.