Cast your vote to send UNT dancer to final round o

bdan2002

Cast your vote to send UNT dancer to final round of national spirit competition

Posted by: Kelley Reese

Caris Tschauner, a sophomore psychology major from Odessa and co-captain of the North Texas Dancers, is representing UNT and the Sun Belt Conference in the 2006 Samsung Sideline Spirit Award Contest sponsored by Athlon Sports.

You can help send her - and UNT - to the final round of the national competition by casting a vote online by Nov. 3.

Members of university cheerleading squads and spirit groups enter the competition by filling out an application on the magazine’s web site and submitting photos of themselves showing their school spirit. Every three weeks, the Athlon editors select one person to represent each of the major college conferences. The profiles and photos of each participant are displayed on the Athlon Sports Sideline Spirit web site. Visitors to the site can vote for their favorite and post comments on the message boards.

Tschauner is competing against representatives from six other football conferences in Round Three. She was selected for the round after she and four other North Texas Dancers and four members of the North Texas Cheer squad submitted applications and photos.

The students receiving the top votes from Round One, Round Two and Round Three compete in the finals.

The student receiving the most votes in the finals will be featured in a photo shoot in Athlon Sport’s 2007 college football magazine and will receive a Samsung LCD flat-panel television, a Samsung sports camcorder, a hi-fi conversion DVD recorder and $1,000.

Done.

As a 40 year old male who holds a minor in "Female Anatomy" from the University of North Texas I feel I have a great "EYE" for what sells and what spurns the most interest in those who MOSTLY FOLLOW college sports and who are more likely to be the target audience...ie...MEN.

I have nothing against our candidate at all as she is an excellent candidate for the top spot but I wished someone in charge would request mine and others assistance from this board prior to submitting those photos because I suspect there are better ones of her that, how should I say this?,....... more leans toward the "SHWING!!!!!!!!" side of the issue that would further help her cause. Given the right camera angle, poses and better attire she would win this contest...hands downs.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Done.

As a 40 year old male who holds a minor in "Female Anatomy" from the University of North Texas I feel I have a great "EYE" for what sells and what spurns the most interest in those who MOSTLY FOLLOW college sports and who are more likely to be the target audience...ie...MEN.

I have nothing against our candidate at all as she is an excellent candidate for the top spot but I wished someone in charge would request mine and others assistance from this board prior to submitting those photos because I suspect there are better ones of her that, how should I say this?,....... more leans toward the "SWING!!!!!!!!" side of the issue that would further help her cause.  Given the right camera angle, poses and better attire she would win this contest...hands downs.

Rick

You could take a snoop dogg persona, change your alias, and then make Denton based GGW films.

FirefightnbarelylegalRick! Rolls off the tongue.

tongue.gif

I am not going to say why I was looking at the Uof Florida girls pictures again, but I was reading the paragraph about her. Note the last sentance about her most memorable moment.

"Anna, also known as Acey, enjoys shopping and spending time with friends. She is a Pisces that describes herself as bubbly. Anna's community and campus involvement includes: third year member of the varsity cheerleading team and being a member of Alpha Delta Pi. In five year's, she sees herself as a graduate of UF's Masters in Accounting Program, working, married and living a balanced life between my friends, family and career, but most importantly just being happy. Anna's most memorable moment as a member of her squad was when the coed boys attacked her squad in an underground tunnel at the South Carolina game last fall."

Edited by meangreanmick

Guest GrayEagleOne

I agree with Rick, we could have had some more advantageous angles on our pictures.  Clearly, U of Florida knows what we are talking about.

Yeah, but...she is running last of the seven finalists.