Dickey will get his tenth year at NT

UNT_playmaker

Well this is the way I see it....before posters like Lifer and Quoner jump on my ass, The BOR, new president, dont care for athletics, except Bobby Ray....

DICKEY WILL RESIGN FOR FAMILY/ HEALTH, BEFORE THE BOR OR RV WILL DO IT

They look at Dickey as a commodity, laugh but its true, mainly because he has a long term contract, 4 SBC titles, a BOWL win, and NT football is becoming bigger on Saturdays, with attendance and money generated than in previous years.

I wouldnt be so sure that he is on his way out...I only say this cause I see every post on the first page saying " Dickey's replacement" or "Our dreamy new coach will ride in on a stallion to Denton"

Also if RV was looking wouldnt we be hearing names popping up from sources, also they would be leaks from the athletic dept or some shakeups in the staff..

There hasnt been one and for a reason, it wont happen. Not even a OC or DC firing to shake things up, nothing.

Come on guys come back to reality, at seasons end Dickey will be our coach, maybe different coordinators or staff... but Dickey will get his tenth year at NT

1. Has a big time coach every come to Denton, ever???? will they now, NOOOOO

2. Is North Texas Football a rising or falling program in your eyes, how about for a prosperous coach? HS coaches dont count, how many college teams pick HS coach

3. If Dickey left to Idaho at that time, we would get a good coach here, the program could have sold itself, Now we need 7 OT's to beat 1-AA FIU

4. Denton, enough said

All signs point to Dickey to getting his tenth year at NT....talk all you want on the board, but dont get your hopes up, you will all be disappointed when RV announces that Dickey will remain the coach of the 2-10 NT Football Team.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

The thing that we know about Stephen King's books are that they are fiction, are subjects not likely to happen in real life and are books that one reads just to fill one's spare time and empty space of each of our lives. (I know some epistles you can also read on GMG.com to help you with that, too. Hellsbells! I've been praised by a few of you for helping you with your sleep disorders). rolleyes.gif

So-ooooooooooooooooK, UNT_playmaker, its time you finally come out and tell everyone on this board that you are really the, uh, real, authentic and bonafide.................

STEPHEN KING! ! ! ! blink.gifohmy.gifsad.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif (Hope yall noticed the Halloween colors in his name) rolleyes.gif

This Saturday night is "Fall Back" time--so set all your clocks back one hour. blink.gif So see, even this post had some non-fiction and (perhaps) something of real value for you to read. tongue.gif

So time for a new thread subject, UNT_playmaker, pretty please? smile.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I haven't "jumped on his ass" yet.

There will be a coaching change.

alright, NOW we can move on - well, technically we're waiting for Lifer still.... hurry up.

Considering the source and the incorrect statements made, I'm jumping on his ass.

I apologize for the delay.

Next Topic please.

Well im tired of new threads that are started up that state will we have a new and better coach. When I feel that this wont be case considering the circumstances around the current one....

This is the hot topic issue from now till new practices start next year....

The football season is dwindling fast.

Hurricane season is over, and it was a lame one at that...

Not really much else going on.....

Well im tired of new threads that are started up that state will we have a new and better coach. When I feel that this wont be case considering the circumstances around the current one....

This is the hot topic issue from now till new practices start next year....

The football season is dwindling fast.

Hurricane season is over, and it was a lame one at that...

Not really much else going on.....

When Plumm calls you redundant - its over.

Well this is the way I see it....before posters like Lifer and Quoner jump on my ass, The BOR, new president, dont care for athletics, except Bobby Ray....

DICKEY WILL RESIGN FOR FAMILY/ HEALTH, BEFORE THE BOR OR RV WILL DO IT

They look at Dickey as a commodity, laugh but its true, mainly because he has a long term contract,  4 SBC titles, a BOWL win, and NT football is becoming bigger on Saturdays, with attendance and money generated than in previous years.

I wouldnt be so sure that he is on his way out...I only say this cause I see every post on the first page saying " Dickey's replacement" or "Our dreamy new coach will ride in on a stallion to Denton"

Also if RV was looking wouldnt we be hearing names popping up from sources, also they would be leaks from the athletic dept or some shakeups in the staff..

There hasnt been one and for a reason, it wont happen. Not even a OC or DC firing to shake things up, nothing.

Come on guys come back to reality, at seasons end Dickey will be our coach, maybe different coordinators or staff... but Dickey will get his tenth year at NT

1. Has  a big time coach every come to Denton, ever???? will they now, NOOOOO

2. Is North Texas Football a rising or falling program in your eyes, how about for a prosperous coach? HS coaches dont count, how many college teams pick HS coach

3. If Dickey left to Idaho at that time, we would get a good coach here, the program could have sold itself, Now we need 7 OT's to beat 1-AA FIU

4. Denton, enough said

All signs point to Dickey to getting his tenth year at NT....talk all you want on the board, but dont get your hopes up, you will all be disappointed when RV announces that Dickey will remain the coach of the 2-10 NT Football Team.

1. "Football is becoming bigger on Saturdays" It was

becoming bigger. The crowds will start to dwindle, season ticket sales and MGC memberships will dwindle if he stays.

The above makes no sense.

3. I don't think anything will be done until the season is over. First of all, you aren't going to bring someone in in the middle of the season, and two, the majority of the staff needs to go. Typically, if a HC is removed during the season someone on that staff steps into an interim role. I hate to say it, but DD is better than any interim candidates.

4. Hayden Fry came to Denton. That was a pretty big name in the Metroplex at the time. I don't expect a "name" coach needing a second chance to be hired anyway.

5. NT was a rising program and will start to fall if DD stays. Believe it or not, but the NT position is attractive to any coordinator wanting to move up.

6. Denton is a pretty attractive community. Convenient to DFW, yet still has the feel of a college town. It is my hometown and I would move back if the opportunity presented itself.

The above would be my response to your incorrect statements.

also, do you really believe the DD would step down before RV or the BOR does it? if you quit your job, you don't get severance. if you are fired, you do. DD will either be "reassigned" or he will reach an agreement for less money to be bought out. if he didn't, it would ruin his career. being the director of PE is not exactly a bright spot on a coaches resume. oh and for the record, I think that we need a good D1 defensive or offensive coordinator for the program. RV is already working on names.....

not sure what that means!  i don't actually know of names that RV is working on.... it was a general statement of my opinion.  i do not claim to have any "inside" knowledge (like a lot of folks).... so let me restate:  I HOPE that RV is already working on names....  haha

I was just baiting - hoping to get something. Damn you laugh.gif

Why not Shawn Bradley? I saw a commercial with him and a high school basketball player the other day... he looked bored.