Attendance SO IMPORTANT for LA Tech...

Green Grenade II

Why, football breath? Because this is a showtime game vs a rival we've faced many times! Because this is our time to show we can draw big numbers even when our won-loss record is 2-5 (0r, 2-6 provided we lose at Troy Saturday).

Because we have the opportunity to open the eyeballs of Conference USA, The WAC or another conference. Also, because a win in this game will look good for the SunBelt.

So, I'll be there with multiple guests. (No, they are not Mr. and Mrs. Multiple and their twin idiot kids, thank you).

SO GO! MEAN GREEN AND GO! MEAN GREEN FANS AND ALUMS! SHOW UP IN TWO WEEKS TO MAKE NOISE AND AWAKE THOSE WHO WOULD INVITE US TO CONFERENCE USA, etc.

Oh, and yeah...forget about those Arkansas State Idians! They're who they are. So, what the xxxzz!!??XX what? Who even cares. They beat us! Woopie!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

Rick, you are right on about this. I think that the issue of a coaching change has pretty well been decided so staying away from the two remaining home games to show discontent is unnecessary.

Let's use up all of those vouchers and get a nice sized crowd. I'll be disappointed at anything less than 20,000.

There are quite a few that used to attend regularly that I haven't seen this year, some of which probably bought season tickets. Come on back guys, at least for the La Tech game. If we continue to lay another egg then I'll walk out at halftime with you.

Guest GrayEagleOne

It has?  By who?

Rick

I think that you know what I mean. Look at the polls and fan reaction. While the final decision has not been announced (or maybe even made) I think that the answer is obvoius.

If there is no change then I'll join Plumm, Jeff and others back in my easy chair (figure of speech, not literal).

Rick, you are right on about this.  I think that the issue of a coaching change has pretty well been decided so staying away from the two remaining home games to show discontent is unnecessary. 

Let's use up all of those vouchers and get a nice sized crowd.  I'll be disappointed at anything less than 20,000. 

There are quite a few that used to attend regularly that I haven't seen this year, some of which probably bought season tickets.  Come on back guys, at least for the La Tech game.  If we continue to lay another egg then I'll walk out at halftime with you.

We hardly had 16000 at homecoming, theres no way we get 20000 without cooking the books.

I think that you know what I mean.  Look at the polls and fan reaction.  While the final decision has not been announced (or maybe even made) I think that the answer is obvoius. 

If there is no change then I'll join Plumm, Jeff and others back in my easy chair (figure of speech, not literal).

Just teasing you Jack.

He was all but gone coming back from ULM in '01 and we saw how that turned out, which I have stood at practice and heard him refer to with his players on numerous occasions ever since. rolleyes.gif

I have a good feeling as to what the pulse of the fan base, alumni base(NT Exes), our lettermen associatoin, and many at the university is but really the bottom line now is money and contract buy amount? He's in his third year of a 4 or 5 year deal, which decreases incrementally with each passing year(started around $235K to $200K per year). With the season going as it has there won't be incentives met. We have to pay for the remainder of this season regardless if he's on the sidelines or not, leaving two years remaining. I'm guessing $400K or less would be what the remainder of the contract is?

Rick