What is your gut feeling on how we will respond

calvin

With the 7 OT's, the bye week, and then the Dickey heart attack how do you think we will respond on Saturday ? There are several ways this thing can go. We could have a wonderful game plan in place and our players are refreshed and we can go play their socks off and win. Or we can play off of emotion from the heart attack and the emotional high that we got from the 7 OT's and win. Or we can be sluggish b/c we have had 2 weeks off, or we can be sluggish b/c of all that has went on the last week and totally get wiped out. Or we can play like we did against MTSU and get ran out of Jonesboro.

I personally think we will have some new wrinkles put in place on both sides of the ball that Ark. St. wont be ready for and I think we will play with a lot of emotion. Whether that translates into a win, we will see. I think this is the defining game of our season, if we win it could be exciting the rest of the way, if we lose we could be looking at another 2 win season.

I really don't see us winning this game, however it is a Sun Belt game and the teams are so bad this year, I really can't compare them to us to have any kind of read on how we will do. Part of me says they will come out motivated and since it is the sun belt, they will win. In that case, I say we win 14 - 13.

The other part of me says that ASU is much better than this UNT team and we will get crushed. We not be motivated with our Head coach sitting in denton and we lose 28 - 3.

I really don't see us winning this game, however it is a Sun Belt game and the teams are so bad this year, I really can't compare them to us to have any kind of read on how we will do.  Part of me says they will come out motivated and since it is the sun belt, they will win.  In that case, I say we win 14 - 13.

The other part of me says that ASU is much better than this UNT team and we will get crushed.  We not be motivated with our Head coach sitting in denton and we lose 28 - 3.

How do you explain us beating SMU, and SMU blowing out Arkansas State? With this rationalle alone we could say that we are better than Arkansas State.

How do you explain us beating SMU, and SMU blowing out Arkansas State?  With this rationalle alone we could say that we are better than Arkansas State.

you can make that rationalle on any game on any given day, so whats the point. sure if this team plays like it did against SMU, then we can win. Have you seen this team play anywhere close to that SMU game since then?

Go MeanGreen 1999,

If the Belt is so bad this year then how do you think the Conf. USA people feel b/c we have 3 wins against them.  That league must be utterly horrible.

Where again does the Belt rank vs other D1 conferences? How many of the teams in the Belt are below #100 vs. the number in Conf USA that are below #100? Two of those 3 wins were to the same team. I doubt they feel utterly horrible.

you can make that rationalle on any game on any given day, so whats the point.  sure if this team plays like it did against SMU, then we can win.  Have you seen this team play anywhere close to that SMU game since then?

I have watched the same team play Tulsa, Middle Tennessee, and Florida Airport, and I don't know if SMU stunk, or if we outcoached them, I just don't know, that is why I asked.

one would hope that the team will be playing with a little bit of purpose. coming off that win, with an extra week to practice and get healthier, not to mention probably wanting to win this game for DD. i think they will come out with a little passion. lets just hope that passion doesnt sizzle out in first qauter.

GMG!!!

I'll go out on a limb here and predict a win. We are coming out of an hard fought game where our boys were pushed to the limit, both physically and emotionally, and won. Moreover, we've had 2 weeks to get all the bumps and bruises healed up, plus work on our "offense." I think they will come out fresh, inspired, and will surprise ArkState. Score: 24 - 17 UNT

I have watched the same team play Tulsa, Middle Tennessee, and Florida Airport, and I don't know if SMU stunk, or if we outcoached them, I just don't know, that is why I asked.

I understand where you are coming from. I look at all the game this year and wonder how the heck we beat SMU too. I just can't evaluate teams in the Belt this year because teams like LaF beats Houston on the road, then turns around and can only score 6 points on FAU. Who knows. I hope we get a win and I hope the offense can get going a little bit more.

Here are the two reasons that we beat SMU decisively, and have sucked since:

1. Our team, coaches, and fans knew how critical that game was and responded accordingly.

2. SMU was not prepared for Woody. All they had to go on to prepare for him was UT footage. Tulsa, Akron, MT, and FIU all had the SMU game film to watch, and knew how to stop Woody when we: 1) don't throw 10-yard passes; and 2) don't get good protection from the O-line.

You could also argue that the early blocked kick and touchdown took the wind out of their sails.

If we played SMU again this week, I think it would be a VERY different ball game.

Edited by pollock

I would say that the Belt as a whole is having their best year by far. The way many teams have played some of the "bigger" boys this year as well as some decent OOC wins is proof of this. Plus at this point in the season we already have 3 teams in the conference with .500 records or better (not that that's something to write home about) but in years past we would have had one or none with over a .500 win percentage by this point.

The Belt is getting better slowly but surely (I still want CUSA for us).

Have no idea which NT team shows up this weekend...I think we're gonna have our hands full with ASU.

you can make that rationalle on any game on any given day, so whats the point.  sure if this team plays like it did against SMU, then we can win.  Have you seen this team play anywhere close to that SMU game since then?

While you are using this rationale, use it to explain how it took you guys 7 ot's to beat FIU when we marched into THEIR house and swiftly handed their a##es to them? I'll sit back and listen!

I predict a sloppy, wild ass game that leaves a bad taste in your mouth, win or lose.

But I'll still be glued to the TV, wishing my Tivo didn't cause an insurmountable 1.5-second delay behind the great Dunham & Dickenson radio broadcast.

If you live in the FWDallas area channel 52 local channel will carry the game.

While you are using this rationale, use it to explain how it took you guys 7 ot's to beat FIU when we marched into THEIR house and swiftly handed their a##es to them? I'll sit back and listen!

SMU 55 Arkansas State 9

UNT 24 SMU 6

Arkansas State 1-1 (FIU-W, SMU-L)

UNT 2-0 (FIU-W, SMU-W)

I'll sit back and listen to your rationale cool.gif

If you live in the FWDallas area channel 52 local channel will carry the game.

Yep, and I'll be watching. I used to turn down the volume on the TV broadcast and listen to Jub Jub.

But on the last TV game there was a delay so that I heard the play on the radio before I saw it on TV. I blamed it on my Tivo, but it might have just been that particular broadcast.

The Indians will walk all over NT 41-3 thats just a gut feeling! Onto rationale, well since its raining outside and your mascot is a color and our mascot lives in Jonesboro and the number of NT fans attending is approximately equal to the actual number of grads. I just hope its not snowing in Philidelphia or the mean green has this baby sealed up

The Indians will walk all over NT 41-3 thats just a gut feeling! Onto rationale, well since its raining outside and your mascot is a color and our mascot lives in Jonesboro and the number of NT fans attending is approximately equal to the actual number of grads. I just hope its not snowing in Philidelphia or the mean green has this baby sealed up

It was nice of Harry to open the board up to the special-ed class at Jonesboro High, but it really might be time to pull the plug. They are making UNTplaymakers' posts look like the work of Charles Dickens.

I almost forgot:

Go sTAINTe

Edited by Quoner