Coach Dickey get well contribution

gangrene

Despite the GMG criticism of DD and some of his past comments regarding members of this forum, I think we all agree that those differences need to be set aside in light of the recent developments in Coach Dickey's health. I'm sure no one wanted this to happen (if you did, you're a sick-o).

Does anyone plan to send flowers, get well cards, etc? I think it would be a great gesture if we could send something to DD from the GMG forum to show our appreciation for his efforts and to send our thoughts and prayers.

What about one of those enormous cards. I could keep it at school so that GMG members could swing by to sign it... after a week or so, I could take it over to the athletics department. If this isn't a good idea, I will help out any other way I can.

I am not sure how we can get to one central location to sign a card.  So we may have to be on our own for the card.

However, I think that we (as the GMG forum) could chip in a donation to like paypal as this can be done over the internet.  If this can be arranged, I would certainly chip in!

One other idea on the big card thing, and then I'll drop it. Everyone could email their well wishes to me, and I will take all of the emails and cut/paste them into Word and then print them and paste them onto the card. If not, I'm sure we can think of something else. If we do decide to do it, I'd have to do it next week as I leave for town Thurs and won't be back until Monday. Besides, that would give everyone a week's notice to get in their email. This only one idea though. I am sure there are other things we could do if folks don't like this idea.

I think this is an awesome idea!

Great! A couple of things... (1) does anyone know where I can purchase one of these big cards locally? (2) Harry, is this something you might want to "pin" to the board so everyone sees it? (3) Harry - I set up a special email account today that we can use. When we post this announcement, we can include this email address plus I include to post some basic instructions to GMG members on how/what to email to facilitate faster copy and pasting as well as keeping well wishes within reason b/c this could easily escalate to hundreds or possibly thousands of GMG responses.

I have purchased a large card before at Hallmark. You might check the mall directory to see if they have one.

Great!  A couple of things... (1) does anyone know where I can purchase one of these big cards locally? (2) Harry, is this something you might want to "pin" to the board so everyone sees it? (3) Harry - I set up a special email account today that we can use.  When we post this announcement, we can include this email address plus I include to post some basic instructions to GMG members on how/what to email to facilitate faster copy and pasting as well as keeping well wishes within reason b/c this could easily escalate to hundreds or possibly thousands of GMG responses.