I'm begining to rethink Coach Dickey...

Green Grenade II

We are awful on offense. Dickey knows this, and he's going to run his system until there are no teams left we can't beat. One thing is for sure. He's consistent. You gotta like consistency. Our opponents know what we run...which makes it even better when we beat the holy crap out of them. Arkansas State...HA! No problem. They will self distruct when we enter Indian Stadium. Troy's Trojans....HA! No problem. They think they're so much better than us. They will self-distruct.

Remember...we just won a game in 7 overtimes. Our players are in condition. They can hang their hat on that game. That win was HUGE for the Mean green's confidence.

So, I say...we win out...and it's back to New Orleans, baby.

GO! MEEEEAAAAANNNNNNN GRRREEEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

We are awful on offense. Dickey knows this, and he's going to run his system until there are no teams left we can't beat. One thing is for sure. He's consistent. You gotta like consistency. Our opponents know what we run...which makes it even better when we beat the holy crap out of them. Arkansas State...HA! No problem. They will self distruct when we enter Indian Stadium. Troy's Trojans....HA! No problem. They think they're so much better than us. They will self-distruct.

Remember...we just won a game in 7 overtimes. Our players are in condition. They can hang their hat on that game. That win was HUGE for the Mean green's confidence.

I would love nothing more than to run the table, but this is not the Sunbelt of 5yrs ago and this is a young team. I see some wins coming up but ARK state and LaLa will test us to no end. Wishful thinking this year! I will admit I would love for us to run the tables but we need to find an offensive presence.

Wilson is good but cant hit the broad side of a barn. Meager has not got the reps! The offensive line is bad!!!

How can we run the tables with no offense?

Get Help ... link

You bring up a good point here that I was talking about after the game, but hadn't seen posted yet. That 7 overtime game may have been just what the doctor ordered for our team, especially for offense. Offense needs more playing time like they got in that game to get in sync. They got more practice probably than the last 2 games combined. Our defense also got a ton of practice on red zone defense, especially goal line stances (I think we stopped them on 1 yard line with a fresh set up downs at least twice, maybe three times!). You mentioned the conditioning factors and I think that game did alot in that area too. Even more important, our defense learned to play a FULL GAME (and a half) at an extremely intense level. They were hitting as hard or harder at the end of 4.5 hours than when the game started. Top this off with a two week break, and I think our team will return ready to throw down with anyone. I am not saying the FIU game is a cure all, but it may have been the kick start we needed.

Edited by chrisfisher

You bring up a good point here that I was talking about after the game, but hadn't seen posted yet.  That 7 overtime game may have been just what the doctor ordered for our team, especially for offense.  Offense needs more playing time like they got in that game to get in sync. They got more practice probably than the last 2 games combined. Our defense also got a ton of practice on red zone defense, especially goal line stances (I think we stopped them on 1 yard line with a fresh set up downs at least twice, maybe three times!).  You mentioned the conditioning factors and I think that game did alot in that area too.  Even more important, our defense learned to play a FULL GAME (and a half) at an extremely intense level. They were hitting as hard or harder at the end of 4.5 hours than when the game started.  Top this off with a two week break, and I think our team will return ready to throw down with anyone. I am not saying the FIU game is a cure all, but it may have been the kick start we needed.

Speechless.

Friends don't let friends miss sarcasm.

Hehe...I take it you disagree with my analysis.... why wouldn't they improve from this game? I still don't get it.

I just meant you missed the original sarcasm in the post you quoted - nothing more.

I just meant you missed the original sarcasm in the post you quoted - nothing more.

I know why I didn't get it. I was on the field after the game talking to the players, and the Mean Green were very excited about this win. Someone else posted the same thing about the locker room after the win. You may not believe this but I think this game did alot for their confidence. And why not? Our defensive play was inspiring. Our offense looked bad through 3 quarters, but came back from a 13-5 deficit in the 4Q, and had it's moments in OT.

I know why I didn't get it.  I was on the field after the game talking to the players, and the Mean Green were very excited about this win. Someone else posted the same thing about the locker room after the win. You may not believe this but I think this game did alot for their confidence. And why not? Our defensive play was inspiring. Our offense looked bad through 3 quarters, but came back from a 13-5 deficit in the 4Q, and had it's moments in OT.

OUR TEAM GAINED CONFIDENCE BUT TO SAY WE HAD OUR MOMENT IN OT IS COMPLETELY ZEALOUS TO SAY THE LEAST....

7 TRIES TO GET TO THE END ZONE IN FREAKING OT AND THEY COULDNT AGAINST A SCHOOL THAT IS THE SIZE OF OUR FOOTBALL STADIUM AND TENNIS COURTS

THATS FREAKIN PATHETIC.......

OUR TEAM GAINED CONFIDENCE BUT TO SAY WE HAD OUR MOMENT IN OT IS COMPLETELY ZEALOUS TO SAY THE LEAST....

7 TRIES TO GET TO THE END ZONE IN FREAKING OT AND THEY COULDNT AGAINST A SCHOOL THAT IS THE SIZE OF OUR FOOTBALL STADIUM AND TENNIS COURTS

to be fair, FIU is the largest school in the 'belt at 38k, but on the college football map, yes, they are small and insignificant.

I'm sorry but we didn't go from 5 to 25 points by magic. Our offense put them up. I admit our offense sucks right now, so you are kinda pointing out the obvious. Keep in mind that FIU had the same difficulty putting up points b/c this was a big time defensive battle. You underestimate how good FIU is because of their record. They have played very good teams to close games. Also, you are mistaken about the size FIU. They are a bigger school than we are at 37,000 students.

FIU football revenue from last year was at $5.006 mil(including student fees) UNT $1.882

FIU expense for football last year was at $4.386 mil UNT $3.662

FIU has $45 mil for the new stadium etc UNT has $8 mil

I predict in the next 5 years that both Florida Sun Belt schools will be the top two programs in the Belt. They both seem to be committed to winning at all costs and they are both in a great area of high school talent. Oh wait...so are we. ph34r.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

FIU football revenue from last year was at $5.006 mil(including student fees) UNT $1.882

FIU expense for football last year was at $4.386 mil UNT $3.662

FIU has $45 mil for the new stadium etc UNT has $8 mil

There is no way to isolate football revenue at North Texas but based on the latest report to the U.S. Dept. of Education (Equity Report) North Texas had football gate receipts of 1.4 million and football expenses of 3 million. However, revenue from student fees, MGC and other sources added 12.5 million, much of which was obtained because of football. The total revenue for sports at UNT was 14.2 million and the total expenses were 12.9 million, giving us a surplus of 1.3 million. This report was for the period ending 8/31/05.

I have no idea how much FIU has for a new stadium but I've heard a different figure regarding the amount that we have pledged.

I did not look up FIU's report but they have been running a surplus in athletic revenue vs. expense. FAU had been running a deficit but they may be playing enough money games this year to change that.

You bring up a good point here that I was talking about after the game, but hadn't seen posted yet.  That 7 overtime game may have been just what the doctor ordered for our team, especially for offense.  Offense needs more playing time like they got in that game to get in sync.

Damn that kicker! Another 14 overtimes and we might have gotten enough synchronization on offense to find the end zone.

What specific moments are you referring to? We gained 30 yards in seven overtimes!

I know this pains you to think like this but the FACT is that we were down 13-5 in the 4Q and ended up WINNING the game with 25 points. These points didn't appear by magic, accident, a score board operator error, or because FIU's defense decided to sit out a few downs during the game. We scored them despite our numerous flaws.

I would have LOVED (and expected) to score more, and are NOT happy with our offense (read my previous posts). There is alot to be upset about. However, I can't let my frustration with our coaches lead me to the over generalized and faulty conclusions that "All our players sucked. All our coaches sucked. All our plays sucked. All our play calls sucked. Our scoring sucked. Our fans sucked with their embarrassing rush of the field." This is all I've heard for a week since we WON. We could go out and beat Arkansas State by 20 points next game and we'd still be reading the same drivel. Too many people on this board seem to believe that if they say anything remotely good about the team that it might somehow influence RV to keep DD. If you believe this, you have a highly inflated opinion of just how much weight your comments carry.

---Sports are supposed to be fun..... Seven OTs were fun and very unusual. What is there to be embarassed about..... We won and the players were obviously excited and relieved. Going onto the field at most colleges is not even allowed. North Texas is rather unique by allowing it.

---Sports are supposed to be fun..... Seven OTs were fun and very unusual.  What is there to be embarassed about.....  We won and the players were obviously excited and relieved.  Going  onto the field at most colleges is not even allowed. North Texas is rather unique by allowing it.

I'm glad someone enjoyed the game. I thought it was hilarious game personally, for all the obvious reasons.

Too many people on this board seem to believe that if they say anything remotely good about the team that it might somehow influence RV to keep DD.  If you believe this, you have a highly inflated opinion of just how much weight your comments carry.

Fan opinion matters -- whether they're critics or they type all their comments here with a pom-pom in their other hand. There's a reason the AD visits this board, and it isn't just our charming personalities.

I'm not one of the people you're describing. I'm pretty happy with four Sun Belt championships in five years and have been reluctant to support DD's firing. However, after the Middle Tennessee game and the utterly hopeless offensive performance in OT last week, I'm beginning to warm to the idea. I hope we start seeing some offense this year, because if you can't score against teams in the Belt, you're a I-AA offense.