How come NT cant upset big name teams

UNT_playmaker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats unacceptable is that Troy beats Missouri at home in a national televised game against a ranked Missouri....

NT is due for win against a Oklahoma State, Colorado, Arizona State, Washington...

Im not saying we should beat Texas, LSU, or Nebraska......

Teams like OSU, Colo, and Ariz St. get beat by lowly teams below them

thus not happening at UNT and those big wins would help us in the recruiting plans .....Our recruiting is not going to be hot with this type of play

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Teams that like OSU, Colo, and Ariz St. get bet by lowly teams below them and this helps them in recruiting.....Our recruiting is not going to be hot with this type of play

Confusing - getting beat by lowly teams helps recruiting?

We should be an f'n powerhouse then.

(You're doing the excited post thing again where you forget to edit ... deep breaths.)

Confusing - getting beat by lowly teams helps recruiting?

We should be an f'n powerhouse then.

(You're doing the excited post thing again where you forget to edit ... deep breaths.)

LOL!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

IF C-USA comes calling again any time soon AND we are selected over La. Tech...it won't be because of football results on the field (at least not our games versus each other). It will be based on facilities (I think we've got them there), basketball results (I think they have us there), attendance/fanbase (equal?), location/market (we definitely have them there), and unfortunately the opinions of current C-USA schools. This is part of the reason UTEP, who was ranked a good 30 spots behind us at the time of the last expansion, Rice, Tulsa, SMU, etc. were selected. I also heard that there was some kind of package deal worked out between the defacting WAC schools.

IF C-USA comes calling again any time soon AND we are selected over La. Tech...it won't be because of football results on the field (at least not our games versus each other).  It will be based on facilities (I think we've got them there), basketball results (I think they have us there), attendance/fanbase (equal?), location/market (we definitely have them there), and unfortunately the opinions of current C-USA schools.  This is part of the reason UTEP, who was ranked a good 30 spots behind us at the time of the last expansion, Rice, Tulsa, SMU, etc. were selected.  I also heard that there was some kind of package deal worked out between the defacting WAC schools.

I don't know about Tulsa and Rice, but as far as UTEP and SMU go, I would say their facilities are well ahead of us in Football. Both of their stadiums are far nicer than Fouts. I know SMU's is the same for seats, but UTEP I think averages over 25k a game.

UTEP home attendance for the 3 games that they have played according to the box scores are:

Texas Tech.....51,800

NMSU.............55,500

SMU...............41,200

Those numbers are STRONG!

Of course Coach Price gets about a dollar for ever seat over a specified number. I do not remember what it is.

Edited by eulesseagle

UTEP home attendance for the 3 games that they have played according to the box scores are:

Texas Tech.....51,800

NMSU.............55,500

SMU...............41,200

For the SMU game it was also raining for most of the game.

PS - UTEP has put in a system for tailgating where (I beleive by the end of the 1st quarter) you have to come into the game or leave.

55,000 to see the New Mexico State play...

I know that there is a rivarly between the two, but DAMN

Sad thing here is that when I talKed to some people who went to the game they said there were less than 5K from NMSU sad.gif

I don't know if anyone has said it or not, but the reason that North Texas has not beaten (or upset) some name schools is because our administrators don't want a coach with that sort of attitude.

Or at least they've conveyed that message by the coaches that they've hired since Corky Nelson left.

Corky was the last coach that we've had here that believed that he could coach with anyone, and that his teams could play with anyone.

There, I hope that answers your question. wink.gif