Attendance

NDT

The reason why we had a severe drop off between the first and second home game is obvious, if you remember who we played in the first game.  From your post it sounds like you are the kind of fan that distances from a team until they do something you approve of, like winning.  If so, that is not a fan.  Fans are the reason why Fenway is packed and has been packed for the last 50 years, through the good seasons and the bad seasons, regardless of their feelings for the management of the team. 

The reason why I had a rampage of a post (earlier) is because if there is one game an alumni goes to a year, it should be homecoming.

Where you at the games 20 years ago? Just curious.

Where you at the games when we were losing in the SLC?

What reasons might one Alumni have for missing a game? Jobs maybe? Previous Committments? Family?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were over 17,000 fans at the West Texas A&M vs Midwestern State game this past weekend in Canyon, Texas.  It was homecoming for WT and BOTH teams were undefeated and run high scoring offenses. 

I am sure that if we can ever be 5-0, we will have standing room only and all of these other arguments will be forgotten.

If you win, they will come.

Im from Wichita Falls and have seen them play this year. I would bet my house on it that give them 7 OT possesions vs. FIU , they would have scored more than 9 pts.!!! biggrin.gif

GMG'99-

I appreciate your candor.  If you go back and look at the number of times that Coach Dickey ran the ball vs. throw the ball from '99 to 05 (and I do not have the stats in front of me nor do I care to look them up) you would discover that he ran the ball about 80-85% of the time. Hence, Dickey Ball.

This year if you take a look at the stats Coach Dickey is running the ball about 55-60% of the time.

I looked on yahoo... yards, however carries not available. Stats are avg per game.

year -- run -- pass -- points

2003 -- 182 -- 150 -- 28.4

2004 -- 196 -- 143 -- 27.2

2005 -- 143 -- 129 -- 14.3

2006 -- 129 -- 088 -- 12.0 (six games)

If we threw 80% of the time then they made a lot of yards on them. However points have really declined, and wins as well. I will admit that we should have thrown more in some games ( So. Miss) to back the defence off plus all those sideways passes last week were usually covered and seemed pointless. We did better after we stopped doing those.

Sourse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/stats/byteam...A_all&year=2006

---Few points does not necessarily mean bad team (as last week in all the overtimes) I did not notice Super Bowl winner Ravens scoring a lot meanwhile Indy does ring them up but has never made it to Super Bowl. Tonights NFL game had a 6-1 combined record prior to game and together they scored 16 points (Broncos/Ravens)

There were over 17,000 fans at the West Texas A&M vs Midwestern State game this past weekend in Canyon, Texas.  It was homecoming for WT and BOTH teams were undefeated and run high scoring offenses. 

I am sure that if we can ever be 5-0, we will have standing room only and all of these other arguments will be forgotten.

If you win, they will come.

And this was with Texas Tech and Missouri playing in Lubbock.

There were over 17,000 fans at the West Texas A&M vs Midwestern State game this past weekend in Canyon, Texas...

...If you win, they will come.

ph34r.gif 

(Not with DD Ball and "near" Bottom of the Barrell D1-A rankings will that happen again, ntxeagle--lest we forget, even during bowl years, uh, approx 15,000 per home game at Fouts Field)? 

And now we have...........34,000 UNT students with approx. 6 million DFW Metroplex citizens within 1 hour of Fouts "freakin" Field, folks? blink.gif   OK, someone go ahead & defend that with some more "DD's Just Fine" spin, right? sad.gif

Good grief! WT and Midwestern State, folks! sad.gif

F I R E

H I M ! (& STOP! a 25 yr. tradition of less than inspiring, good ol' boy, longtime buddy & just "basically" poor hires in Denton) wink.gif

A N D

THEY

WILL

COME!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Where you at the games 20 years ago?  Just curious. 

Where you at the games when we were losing in the SLC?

What reasons might one Alumni have for missing a game?  Jobs maybe?  Previous Committments?  Family?

No, I wasn't at the games 20 years ago.

No, I wasn't at the games when we were losing in the SLC, but that's because I didn't have the chance to, not because I didn't like the way the program was being run. Ask me 20 years from now if I stuck it out through the end of the Dickey era and I'll be able to say yes.

And in my original post I stated, "There are some legitimate reasons for missing the game, but UT vs OU and not liking DD or RF are not legitimate reasons!".

After driving 2 1/2 hours round trip to watch that debacle known as the Middke Tennesse State game. I REFUSED to use another one of my season tickets until the team played with some emotion. It appears I will be returning against La. Tech, because I don't have enough faith in this Deputy Dog coached team to make the trips to Jonesboro, Ark. or Troy, Ala.

I agree with GreenBat, as I was in the stands (during FIU) I would not cheer or get excited becuase I was looking to see if DD & Co. did some coaching upgrades. The team looked flat, the schemes were poor, execution, what execution? DD, in his weekly interviews, says "we have to get better" but they are not getting better. He reminds of Dave Campo (Dallas Cowboys former HC) Campo would say after a loss "we lost because we didn't win" or "if we would of played better, we would of won" DD is starting to sound like DC. He doesn't make sense!

I agree with GreenBat, as I was in the stands (during FIU) I would not cheer or get excited becuase I was looking to see if DD & Co. did some coaching upgrades. The team looked flat, the schemes were poor, execution, what execution? DD, in his weekly interviews,  says "we have to get better" but they are not getting better. He reminds of Dave Campo (Dallas Cowboys former HC) Campo would say after a loss "we lost because we didn't win" or "if we would of played better, we would of won" DD is starting to sound like DC. He doesn't make sense!

I really try not to even read his quotes anymore since they are all basically saying the same thing. One would think that after 9 years of this, reporters would start asking for a little bit more than "we didn't play well", "I didn't prepare this team well", ect, ect, ect.

I find it funny how we get 26 yards of offense in 7 OT's and it is a result of "great" defensive play, yet during the game when we were only able to muster 150 yards of offense, it is a result of bad play calling and offensive line woes.

I really try not to even read his quotes anymore since they are all basically saying the same thing.  One would think that after 9 years of this, reporters would start asking for a little bit more than "we didn't play well", "I didn't prepare this team well", ect, ect, ect.

I find it funny how we get 26 yards of offense in 7 OT's and it is a result of "great" defensive play, yet during the game when we were only able to muster 150 yards of offense, it is a result of bad play calling and offensive line woes.

Blah blah blah blah. So long. So wrong.