FIU @ UNT

eulesseagle

The writer of the article is absolutely brutal toward UNT!

And what did he state that was incorrect? What can you expect when the nicest thing a writer can say is "wideout Johnny Quinn has played hard and is currently leading the team with 19 receptions for 228 yards and one score."

--- Sometime the truth is painful.... but it is still the truth. If we don't like what is said then we need to change what the truth is...... not just what we say.

---At least he picked us to win... I am surprised he did not forecast 4-2 which would have been the worse insult of all.... even worse than 0-0....

--- Sometime the truth is painful.... but it is still the truth.  If we don't like what is said then we need to change what the truth is...... not just what we say.

---At least he picked us to win... I am surprised he did not forecast 4-2 which would have been  the worse insult of all.... even worse than 0-0....

My question is, why would the reviewer pick us to win? Makes no sense to me. FIU obviously has the upper hand in this game considering who (and how) they have played this year. Our "offense" couldn't beat a high school team last Saturday. And now, in all of D"K8MITB"D and Ramon "I keep all the plays on my 10 digits" Flannigan's brilliance, after reviewing hours and days film from the MTSU game, they come to the conclusion that it is time for....................drum roll please.................more quarterback rotations. WOW! DAMN! WHAT A BOLD MOVE! THIS IS SO BRILLIANT THAT I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND IT! THAT DICKEY IS SMART!

And what did he state that was incorrect?

"The loss to Middle Tennessee was also the worst home conference loss for UNT and it was also the first time since 1981 that the Mean Green were shut out at Fouts Field."

Edited by UNTFan23

Well, our idiot ESPN Sun Belt TV announcers were the original source of my info. dry.gif

I should have known not to trust the source since they get people's names wrong all the time.

Speaking of ESPN, isn't that a shame that we have had 2 televised broadcasts of our games this year, and we looked like horses' arses in both?

On the postgame show Saturday George and the gang researched  and fund the last time we had a conference game shutout at Fouts was when Hayden Fry was coaching and I beleve it was to McNeese in the late 1970's.

According to my UNT football media guide and past recollection as well, no Hayden Fry-coached Mean Green team ever played McNeese State. Easy mistake as Memphis State may have sounded like McNeese State on the MGRN.

Here are all our games (Win or Lose) during Hayden Fry's career at UNT that involved "0" in the score.

9/29/73..........UNT versus Long Beach State A 0/0 tie game at Fouts**It was Fry's 4'th game to coach as the new MG head football coach

10-/26/74........Memphis State 41 UNT 0 ****At Fouts and then the next week at Fouts as I recall the Mean Green would beat a Top 20 ranked San Diego State at Fouts blink.gif

10/11/75.........UNT 28 University of Houston 0 ****This Mean Green win at Texas Stadium; UH would go to the Cotton Bowl the next year in their SWC inaugural year.

9/3/77.............Mississippi St. 7 UNT 0 (This game was later forfeited in favor for UNT because of some stringent NCAA violations by "Bob Tyler's" rolleyes.gif Miss. State Bulldog football program

9/2/79............UNT 49 UTEP 0 Amazing which program has now gone foward and the other football program that has remained stagnant and toward the bottom of the heap on the NCAA's top division. sad.gif

Again, there was no McNeese State on any UNT football schedule during the Hayden Fry era.

In addition, there were probably not very many of us in MG Country during that era who knew much about D-II schools many of whom are now either in the Sun Belt or the Southland Conferences. rolleyes.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen