Questions about recruiting ?

calvin

I have been thinking about this the last couple of years and it may mean nothing but I wonder if anyone else is thinking the same way. I am not knocking these guys that come from smaller programs or I am not saying that just b/c you play at a powerhouse that you will be a big time player. But over the last few years how many guys have we signed from the Southlake's, the Highland Park's, the Dallas Carter's, Dallas Kimball's, LaMarque's, Bay City, Katy, and some of those schools, how many kids have signed from there ? Instead we are signing kids from Leonard who is always terrible in 2A, and we are signing people from Aubrey, Comfort, Electra, Diamond Hill Jarvis, and Argyle. Like I said it may not mean anything but watching us the other night, I couldnt help but think we were way out athleted .

Calvin, you're getting part of the problem identified. As we have seen, the recruiting job has not been widespread or focusing on players who can perform on the college level. In the past we found hidden "gems" but that doesn't seem to be a large offseason activity anymore. You know who those schools you listed are most frequently sending your graduate. Sometimes players are recruited before thay even play their senior season.

You would think that with all the HS teachers statewide that graduated at UNT we would have a very good network for scouting. Or maybe we just don't work it that hard. unsure.gif