Weren't we silly

Eagle Man

My goodness. We so badly wanted to believe that Mr. Dickey knew what he was doing that we devised a scheme that would justify  the absence of UNT from the areas top 100 recruiting lists.

Oh my, guess you can finish my thought from here.  ohmy.gif

Dude, enough is enough. Give it a rest. How many threads do you need?

Take a cruise dude. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I wish i could.

That was HILARIOUS, by the way. Five smilies hilarious. I get it, I live in Ft. Lauderdale, my handle is CaribbeanGreen, take a cruise, right.... awesome. Good one.

You've started 10 topics on this board in less than a month about how the sky is falling, DD is and always has been horrible, and how we're all screwed until we listen to your 10-step plan to creating a successful D-1 program. I think you should go on a vacation yourself. Maybe I'll send you some brochures from the ship.

We get it. We know how you feel. I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed any of this. More than likely, some changes are coming. Hopefully we'll see you out at Fouts the rest of the way.

GMG - Beat FIU!

I wish i could.

That was HILARIOUS, by the way. Five smilies hilarious. I get it, I live in Ft. Lauderdale, my handle is CaribbeanGreen, take a cruise, right.... awesome. Good one.

You've started 10 topics on this board in less than a month about how the sky is falling, DD is and always has been horrible, and how we're all screwed until we listen to your 10-step plan to creating a successful D-1 program. I think you should go on a vacation yourself. Maybe I'll send you some brochures from the ship.

We get it. We know how you feel. I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed any of this. More than likely, some changes are coming. Hopefully we'll see you out at Fouts the rest of the way.

GMG - Beat FIU!

Listen, Mr. CaribbbeanGreen,

I don't mean any disrepect towards you personally but I am not speaking to you directly. Sorry, my words(post) are directed to a group of individuals, who shall we say, are somewhat more influential . Now, if you want to easesdrop and even reply thats fine, just understand that my time is too valuable to respond to every kiddy post of yours.

My suggestion to you, and its only an idea, would be for you to ignore my post. biggrin.gif

I don't mean any disrepect towards you personally but I am not speaking to you directly. Sorry, my words(post) are directed to a group of individuals, who shall we say,  are somewhat more influential .

Thank heavens you are here, otherwise RV and the rest of the admin wouldn't know what to do. I heard they come over here for advice every time they are in a jam. Afterall, we know more about coaching, running an athletics department, marketing, branding, running a public University, tailgating, politics, tortilla-tossing, and boxing offensive coordinators than anyone this side of the globe!

If you post it, people will comment. Thats kind of the idea behind a public forum such as this. Thank Al Gore for the medium and free speech for the right to do so.

biggrin.gif

Edited by Eagle1855

Thank heavens you are here, otherwise RV and the rest of the admin wouldn't know what to do. I heard they come over here for advice every time they are in a jam. Afterall, we know more about coaching, running an athletics department, marketing, branding, running a public University, tailgating, politics, tortilla-tossing, and boxing offensive coordinators than anyone this side of the globe!

If you post it, people will comment. Thats kind of the idea behind a public forum such as this. Thank Al Gore for the medium and free speech for the right to do so.

biggrin.gif

I know more about Tortilla Tossing! tongue.giftongue.gif

This Eagle Man has NO credibility. He pops ujp out of nowhere with all of the answers.

This fool calls out FFR in a post with less than 50 times on this board. I am going to take his suggestion and put him on ignore.

This Eagle Man has NO credibility. He pops ujp out of nowhere with all of the answers.

This fool calls out FFR in a post with less than 50 times on this board. I am going to take his suggestion and put him on ignore.

So he comes in here with a mad scientist plan to bring NT to the "next level" with vague details, claims to have connections with "donors" and wants us to all keep quiet, etc.. Has anyone seen Eagle Man and Green Grenade in the same room together? ph34r.gif

If I was FFR I would be embarrassed and ashamed on two accounts. First, for implying I said things I didn't say(See FFR POST #18, para.#6 in the "warning signs where there for years thread) and then having people like you without brains backing him up. I read his post and he not only misunderstood what I said he twisted what I said, and squirmed trying to defend his reputation as the the one and only authority of Mean Green Athletics. All this from a man who has Scripture at the bottom of his post.

No, your god FFR, owes me the apology!

If I was FFR I would be embarrassed and ashamed on two accounts. First, for implying I said things I didn't say(See FFR POST #18, para.#6 in the "warning signs where there for years thread) and then having people like you without brains backing him up.  I read his post and he not only misunderstood what I said he twisted what I said, and squirmed trying to defend his reputation as the the one and only authority of Mean Green Athletics. All this from a man who has Scripture at the bottom of his post.

Dude - did you take your meds this week?

I think Eagle Man is a pseudonym for someone from the voy board.  It'd make sense why he has no problem attacking any member.  Even those who agree with him in principle.  If you ever go over there, they rip us and much as they rip Dickey.

Is this the same Eagle Man from back in the Paradise Web days of "Harry's Mean Green"??? If I recall, there was a very frequent poster back in those days by that handle who was in the middle of many heated exchanges who referred to scripture a lot....

... it was nothing compared to loyal fan. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers THAT one fondly.

I think Eagle Man is a pseudonym for someone from the voy board.  It'd make sense why he has no problem attacking any member.  Even those who agree with him in principle.  If you ever go over there, they rip us and much as they rip Dickey.

Its criticism and language so harsh, no one man can moderate it, regardless of how big his backpack is. Or, its just the same 6 very bitter people posting all day and people are more than obliged to provide them with new fodder to distract from another lost season.

Deep down, everyone knows something needs to happen with this program soon, and there are a few ways to handle it:

1. Defend the current state to the death even as the castle crumbles. This leads to keeping a pretty good reputation with the AD and other on campus buddies. Unfortunately, doing this can eventually lead to extreme stress and trauma, breaking you to a point where you feel the need to post enough to make amends for earlier posts (see MeanGreen, Plumm.)

2. Attack Dickey to the death, and don't give in until he's gone. This has several branches as you can follow a few illogical paths:

a) You really believe this university will hire a super coach to replace him. You know, the same one that hasn't gotten it right for decades....

cool.gif Only some of the administration is accountable for mistakes. You could never indict them as a whole. Also, this sometimes leads to over-estimating the talent on the roster.

c) You stop supporting the team, but follow them with a detached anger that makes you happy when they lose. You get another week to whine - (ie this thread and its 167 happy cousins.)

3. You become insider man - posting bits of your alleged secret knowledge, knowing you have a 50% chance of being right, while the people who do know sit quietly and laugh at you.

I don't really see anyone taking any other path than those right now, but that's just me.... and I'm just a dumb girl with cramps.

If I was FFR I would be embarrassed and ashamed on two accounts. First, for implying I said things I didn't say(See FFR POST #18, para.#6 in the "warning signs where there for years thread) and then having people like you without brains backing him up.  I read his post and he not only misunderstood what I said he twisted what I said, and squirmed trying to defend his reputation as the the one and only authority of Mean Green Athletics. All this from a man who has Scripture at the bottom of his post.

Your the only one who keeps naming me as the "only authority of Mean Green Athletics". I don't agree with your ASSumption of that, but as long as I'm ahead of you on it then I'm fine with some of that? And now your down to bagging on my sig line? A sign of desperation I suppose?

And let's see, the "(See FFR POST #18, para.#6 in the "warning signs where there for years thread)" was this qoute from me:

I'm guessing you know who he is, right? He as in Dr. Pohl? Last I heard he's interviewing for other jobs and was a finalist for the Arkansas State position. But like RV, Dr. Pohl didn't accomplish everything he was able to do alone. But then again, you knew that. Dr. Bataille has been here 3 months. Give her somewhat of a chance before you right her off as you have done RV and his staff, our fan base, donors, supporters and corporate sponsors and all their accomplishments thus far these past several years.

That was written in response to your first post(see below) in which you scolded our "decision makers" not realizing that group still include some people who helped hire Dr. Pohl, RV and made it possible for both to get us to where we are today.

EagleMan

What we face now, after nine years of Dickey ball, will be more difficult to overcome than when we returned to 1A from 1AA in 1994.

Trying to convince anyone that this university is committed to excellence on the football field will be terribly difficult if not completely impossible.

Our people, the decision makers, lack the insight, knowledge, wisdom and yes, integrity needed to make the right decisions.

Without desire there is no motivation. Without motivation there can be no bonafide committment. Without a strong commitment goals mean nothing.

We are where we are on the ladder of success because this is where we chose to be.

Shame on you all who abused your power!

The only one worth keeping is RV.

If one was to take your outlook on things then all the accomplishments made thus far that I think most here are well aware of never existed. As posted by you in another thread of drivel: "Building Top 20 1A Football Program

From Scratch". From Scratch? This leads me to believe that you are some clueless, outside troll that's never been on campus before. All the accomplishments our "decision makers" have reached so far include, but are not limited to approval of funding to build the AC center, reaching donors to build a state of the art tennis center and driving ranges/batting cages, financing the women's complex, athletic study center, numerous upgrades to Fouts including the scoreboard, tailgating with beer sales now allowed on campus, away game tailgating events, countless mailings of games and info, updated athletic website, gear sales including improved vendor supply, numerous new corporate sponsorhip that is easily seen during game day activities, countless options for season ticket holders, etc. And now more importantly we have a UNT Master Plan that has a new stadium within it's sights along with a graphic visual that has been secured along with future plans in the making. All of this was done in coordination by our "decision makers" and includes a hell of a lot of money that has been invested for the future of this athletic program.

Do you actually think these people are going to simply throw these investments away simply because our football team and it's coaching staff can't find the endzone?

I owe you nothing!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Your the only one who keeps naming me as the "only authority of Mean Green Athletics".  I don't agree with your ASSumption of that, but as long as I'm ahead of you on it then I'm fine with some of that?  And now your down to bagging on my sig line?  A sign of desperation I suppose?

And let's see, the "(See FFR POST #18, para.#6 in the "warning signs where there for years thread)" was this qoute from me:

That was written in response to your first post(see below) in which you scolded our "decision makers" not realizing that group still include some people who helped hire Dr. Pohl, RV and made it possible for both to get us to where we are today. 

EagleMan

If one was to take your outlook on things then all the accomplishments made thus far that I think most here are well aware of never existed.  As posted by you in another thread of drivel: "Building Top 20 1A Football Program

From Scratch".  From Scratch?  This leads me to believe that you are some clueless, outside troll that's never been on campus before.  All the accomplishments our "decision makers" have reached so far include, but are not limited to approval of funding to build the AC center, reaching donors to build a state of the art tennis center and driving ranges/batting cages, financing the women's complex, athletic study center, numerous upgrades to Fouts including the scoreboard, tailgating with beer sales now allowed on campus, away game tailgating events, countless mailings of games and info, updated athletic website, gear sales including improved vendor supply, numerous new corporate sponsorhip that is easily seen during game day activities,  countless options for season ticket holders, etc.  And now more importantly we have a UNT Master Plan that has a new stadium within it's sights along with a graphic visual that has been secured along with future plans in the making.  All of this was done in coordination by our "decision makers" and includes a hell of a lot of money that has been invested for the future of this athletic program. 

Do you actually think these people are going to simply throw these investments away simply because our football team and it's coaching staff can't find the endzone?

I owe you nothing!

Rick

Amen FFR

Your the only one who keeps naming me as the "only authority of Mean Green Athletics".  I don't agree with your ASSumption of that, but as long as I'm ahead of you on it then I'm fine with some of that?  And now your down to bagging on my sig line?  A sign of desperation I suppose?

EagleMan

If one was to take your outlook on things then all the accomplishments made thus far that I think most here are well aware of never existed.  As posted by you in another thread of drivel: "Building Top 20 1A Football Program

From Scratch".  From Scratch?  This leads me to believe that you are some clueless, outside troll that's never been on campus before.  All the accomplishments our "decision makers" have reached so far include, but are not limited to approval of funding to build the AC center, reaching donors to build a state of the art tennis center and driving ranges/batting cages, financing the women's complex, athletic study center, numerous upgrades to Fouts including the scoreboard, tailgating with beer sales now allowed on campus, away game tailgating events, countless mailings of games and info, updated athletic website, gear sales including improved vendor supply, numerous new corporate sponsorhip that is easily seen during game day activities,  countless options for season ticket holders, etc.  And now more importantly we have a UNT Master Plan that has a new stadium within it's sights along with a graphic visual that has been secured along with future plans in the making.  All of this was done in coordination by our "decision makers" and includes a hell of a lot of money that has been invested for the future of this athletic program. 

I owe you nothing!

Rick

Rick,

I clearly excluded RV in my original post. For you to ignore that not once but twice indicates an arrogance about you that few may be aware of. If that is not a form of deception on your part then we have a new standard in this nation.

Concerning the facility upgrades. For those of you who cannot make it to Denton to see them for yourself let me say this; I have toured the AC personally with RV as the tour guide and have viewed the tennis courts, the womans softball field and their soccer field. I have been going to UNT football games since the early 70's so I'am very aware of all the modifications to Fouts over the years.

Listen, the AC is a very nice D1AA facility and a lower middle class D1A facility. It's presence alone does not guarantee our permanence in D1A. Only a fool would think otherwise. It will work nicely at the D1AA level. This building actually is a symbol of failed leadership. We started to build a quality 1A facility but just didn't have the insight and fortitude necessary to get the job done. We scaled it down. WAY down.

The other facilities I mentioned are nice, their OK. They are highschool facilities at best but at least they are on campus. Again, these facilities guarantee us absolutely nothing! I am grateful for the effort by all who helped bring these structures to fruition but stand firm in my convictions that they are not proof of our committment to building a strong D1A athletic program. And don't you fall for it either. Stay vigilant.

My love and affiliation with UNT doesn't just cover years it spans over 3 decades. It began in the fall of 1969 when I saw the campus and its rain streaked buildings for the first time. It was the day of the first shootout between Texas and Arkansas. I remember the excitement and static coming over the am radio and wondering if NTSU had a football team and if they were playing somewhere that day.

Over the years of failed and missed opportunities, false promises poor leadership and apathetic alumni and students I have learned how to recognize those who are achievers and those who are slackers. I can recognize honest and sincere committment and thats what this is all about.

We are at this level of success not because of others but because this is where we all choose to be. Well, except for some of us.

In closiing let me this; God has giving us all gifts and talents. Some are very good with using a hammer and nails. Others are visionaries who have the ability to see things not yet manifested and hear things not yet spoken.

Rick,

I clearly excluded RV in my original post. For you to ignore that not once but twice indicates an arrogance about you that few may be aware of. If that is not a form of deception on your part then we have a new standard in this nation.

Concerning the facility upgrades. For those of you who cannot make it to Denton to see them for yourself let me say this; I have toured the AC personally with RV as the tour guide and have viewed the tennis courts, the womans softball field and their soccer field. I have been going to UNT football games since the early 70's so I'am very aware of all the modifications to Fouts over the years.

Listen, the AC is a very nice D1AA facility and a lower middle class D1A facility. It's presence alone does not guarantee our permanence in D1A. Only a fool would think otherwise. It will work nicely at the D1AA level. This building actually is a symbol of failed leadership. We started to build a quality 1A facility but just didn't have the insight and fortitude necessary to get the job done. We scaled it down. WAY down.

The other facilities I mentioned are nice, their OK. They are highschool facilities at best but at least they are on campus. Again, these facilities guarantee us absolutely nothing! I am grateful for the effort by all who helped bring these structures to fruition but stand firm in my convictions that they are not proof of our committment to building a strong D1A athletic program. And don't you fall for it either. Stay vigilant.

My love and affiliation with UNT doesn't just cover years it spans over 3 decades. It began in the fall of 1969 when I saw the campus and its rain streaked buildings for the first time. It was the day of the first shootout between Texas and Arkansas.  I remember the excitement and static coming over the am radio and  wondering if NTSU had a football team and if they were playing somewhere that day.

Over the years of failed and missed opportunities, false promises poor leadership and apathetic alumni and students I have learned how to recognize those who are achievers and those who are slackers. I can recognize honest and sincere committment and thats what this is all about.

We are at this level of success not because of others but because this is where we all choose to be. Well, except for some of us. 

In closiing let me this; God has giving us all gifts and talents. Some are very good with using a hammer and nails. Others are visionaries who have the ability to see things not yet manifested and hear things not yet spoken.

And you're saying you are one of those God-given visionaries who can "see things" and are one of those "achievers", yes?