I nominate Weatherford's PlumGreen for

He is not only a great Alum of North Texas, he could really recruit the Houston area, and no doubt get a home and home series with the U of H.

Furthermore, he has been featured in a old Denton Record-Chronicle news article about a mid-summer appearance at a portable movable ticket booth promoting the 1974 NT-SMU game at Texas Stadium. I have a framed copy of that photo and article for this potantial head football coach, and will present it to him during our Louisiana Tech football game at Fouts Field, unless he would like to be recruited to be head football coach during a lunch beforehand.

Heads up, he bleeds Mean Green. He's innovative, a mover and a shaker, and would probably consider such a job for no more than Coach "you know who" makes here now.

He is not only a great Alum of North Texas, he could really recruit the Houston area, and no doubt get a home and home series with the U of H.

Furthermore, he has been featured in a old Denton Record-Chronicle news article about a mid-summer appearance at a portable movable ticket booth promoting the 1974 NT-SMU game at Texas Stadium. I have a framed copy of that photo and article for this potantial head football coach, and will present it to him during our Louisiana Tech football game at Fouts Field, unless he would like to be recruited to be head football coach during a lunch beforehand.

Heads up, he bleeds Mean Green. He's innovative, a mover and a shaker, and would probably consider such a job for no more than Coach "you know who" makes here now.

His press conferences would last three days!

Rick "GGII" Spears, you never cease to amaze me with your energy! laugh.gifrolleyes.gif Gosh, I'd love to have a copy of that photo of you, Dallas Green, Coach Fry and myself at the old Denton Center on University Drive near TWU. What a memory and collectable for me.

But.............I will quickly remove my name for consideration before a "Draft PMG for UNT Head FB Coach" begins on GoMeanGreen.com! rolleyes.gifph34r.giflaugh.gif FWIW, I am not high profile enough for the UNT job but once I get high profile enough, I might change my mind completely! ohmy.gif (just kiddin' folks)

BTW, another full blown Karaoke/BBQ party is on the horizon here at the ranchero. Rick. An Elvis Tribute Show will be added to this party and he rolleyes.gif even performed at FW's famous Green Oaks Inn's Feathers night club just last Thursday night. BTW, the real Elvis actually stayed there in his last FW appearance and they have an Elvis Suite for those who want to shell out some bucks to stay in the same room that "The King" had slept in.

BUT.........I hope many of you who came to the last one are not too pissed unsure.gif with PMG's pointed and poignant opinion to come out because as LBJ used to say: Come Let Us Reason Together?

Even have a Tea-Sipper, ie, LongJim, who says count him in on the next karaoke gig/BBQ. I am going to try to get FFR to come out (again) and do his BBQ thing (and even pay him for his services since there will be a nice crowd; and hopefully, our own Dallas "Polk Salad Annie" Green and wife will make a re-appearance. You ain't EVER heard Polk Salad Annie until you've heard Dallas Green's version; also our own infamous Harry Miers (and do bring your wife this time, Mr. Miers) rolleyes.gif as well as others of you who couldn't make the last one but said you wanted to come to the next party out here in Commanche/Kiowa Country (can I say that)? blink.gif

PS: To others who want to see what Baby Boomers (and a few young gun alums) do for fun and will make the drive, just email me and I don't care if you're For or Against our school's present football direction--you'll get an invite.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

biggrin.gif

I don't think JP would mind me sharing this.

The first time I met Jim Plummer was after I had joined this board. I was introduced to him by a mutual friend--and after I had read several of his l e n g t h y posts here...(I've only embellished this story a little... laugh.gif )

Plumm: "I'm Jim Plummer. Pleased to meet you."

LJ: (Taken aback) "Well, I'm a Jim, too. Jim Plummer. Jim Plummer. Jim, do you live out in Weatherford?"

Plumm: (eyeing me) "Well, yes. Hudson Oaks, actually."

Mutual friend: "JP's a big UNT fan."

LJ: (eyes grow wide) "You're THE JIM PLUMMER?? Of GMG. COM?? PlummMeanGreen??"

(At this point, PMG probably thought I was a psycho.) laugh.gif

Plumm: (laughing out loud) "Well, yeah. I guess my reputation precedes me!" (sticks his hand out to shake) "Who the hell are you?"

Plumm didn't really say "Who the hell are you?", but he probably should have, after the grilling I gave him. laugh.gif

We had a pretty good laugh over this, and have talked a lot about UNT athletics since. I do know that JP is one of, if not the most die-hard UNT fans I've ever met, and never misses an opportunity to talk up UNT. cool.gif

We had a pretty good laugh over this, and have talked a lot about UNT athletics since.  I do know that JP is one of, if not the most die-hard UNT fans I've ever met, and never misses an opportunity to talk up UNT.  cool.gif

LongJim, when you and your better half come out this time around, I'll introduce you to a whole bunch of NT Exes who now make me look like a MG fan starter kit. smile.gif

By the way, as Head Football Coach, Weatherfords PlumGreen wouldn't be sheepish about accepting the challenge, and no could ever say he was an old goat at press conferences, either. Just for everybody's information. He would get those players pumped up to play, or he'd take them out to the woodshed.