Building Top 20 1A Football Program

Eagle Man

Step One.

The chancellor, the president, the athletic director and the chairman of the board are all photographed by Yeatts, leading the football team onto the field. Having the chancellor carrying the school flag would be speak volumes about who we are and where we are going.

The pictures will be used in all marketing materials, investor packets and recruiting manuals.

These visuals will give testimony to our committment and solidarity in building a Top 20 football program.

We will place a copy of this picture on the back of the press box facing I-35, with the caption in Big Bold Letters, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!

Now, this is a free piece of marketing advice that I give to you because I love my school. You can thank Dr. Meader for being one tough but excellent teacher at NTSU.

Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Eagle Man--

That is a pretty good idea........but:

1. How can you build a top 20 FB team when the SBC is ranked below two D-1AA conferences??

2. How can you build a top 20 FB team when all of the SBC schools are ranked in the "lowest tier" of college football?

3. Even if we get another coach with his subsequent coaching staff UNT is still faced with the same inherent problems it faces today. If you were a recruit looking to play D-1A football the SBC is just about the last hope for recruits.

4. Not until there is another BCS shake up will UNT ever see the light of day to get a better program.....and.....where we are now there is no hope to achieving that goal.....of being a top 20 program. UNT is basically in the lowest pecking order of college football, D-1A style. Man, it really hurts me to say that.

5. The best we can do is win one or maybe two OOC games per year and hopefully win the conference or come in second with a winning record. Because as you know like everyone else second place in the SBC does not guarantee anyone of having an overall winning record.

I am not degrading your idea and I think it is a good one. However, the reality of where we are and where we want to go totally depends upon other conference expansions.

In the lull of expansionism the best thing that, we as students or alums can do is pack Fouts Field every game. We need the attendance even in the leanist of times.

Eagle Man--

That is a pretty good idea........but:

1.  How can you build a top 20 FB team when the SBC is ranked below two D-1AA conferences??

2.  How can you build a top 20 FB team when all of the SBC schools are ranked in the "lowest tier" of college football?

3.  Even if we get another coach with his subsequent coaching staff UNT is still faced with the same inherent problems it faces today.  If you were a recruit looking to play D-1A football the SBC is just about the last hope for recruits. 

4.  Not until there is another BCS shake up will UNT ever see the light of day to get a better program.....and.....where we are now there is no hope to achieving that goal.....of being a top 20 program.  UNT is basically in the lowest pecking order of college football, D-1A style.  Man, it really hurts me to say that.

5.  The best we can do is win one or maybe two OOC games per year and hopefully win the conference or come in second with a winning record.  Because as you know like everyone else second place in the SBC does not guarantee anyone of having an overall winning record.

I am not degrading your idea and I think it is a good one.  However, the reality of where we are and where we want to go totally depends upon other conference expansions.

In the lull of expansionism the best thing that, we as students or alums can do is pack Fouts Field every game.  We need the attendance even in the leanist of times.

eulesseagle--

Relax, I will show you step by step exactly how you build a top 20 program even while we tread water in the SBC. wink.gif

eulesseagle--

Relax, I will show you step by step exactly how you build a top 20 program even while we tread water in the SBC.  wink.gif

I can give the simple answer: You win your OOC games, if it is a Top 15 opponent you beat them or play them extremely close. Then you dominate the conference and win 50% at least of your bowl games to get noticed, after 1-2 year of this you will not be ignored. Bingo Top 25 ranking no matter what conference you are in.

I can give the simple answer: You win your OOC games, if it is a Top 15 opponent you beat them or play them extremely close. Then you dominate the conference and win 50% at least of your bowl games to get noticed, after 1-2 year of this you will not be ignored. Bingo Top 25 ranking no matter what conference you are in.

Thats a good synopsis untbowler. But I am going to show everyone how it is done step by step. How you actually make it happen. And I am going to do it on the internet so the other SBC schools can have access to this information.

UNDERSTAND that step ONE is vital. There can be no moving forward to step two until we achieve step one. There is no substitute for Step One. Not if you want a top 20 or better 1A football team.

I will explain later what we must do if we fail to acheive step one.

How about this picture,

user posted image

Or this one,

user posted image

or even this one,

user posted image

A picture of these guys, or as it would be for us, the equivelent in the free local press(papers, news channels) would be better.  Coaches build their programs to win games.  Do that with a coach everyone wants to get behind and the rest will take care of itself.

Rick

Rick, we will need that kind of photo for sure. Its just imperative that we get a quality photo of the top four people leading the team onto the field first. We want the band lined up on either side as they lead the team onto the field. We will want to make sure that the stands behind them are full, that means the section above the tunnel and to the right as well as the left. Everyone in that section must be wearing GREEN. The photo can be staged but it would be better if it was taken at an actual contest.

Remember, this visual will be used in all marketing materials, including investor packets and recruiting manuals.

We will want to make sure that the stands behind them are full, that means the section above the tunnel and to the right as well as the left. Everyone in that section must be wearing GREEN. The photo can be staged but it would be better if it was taken at an actual contest.

I laughed out loud at the staged comment.. I know what you are getting at however and it makes sense.