Mean Green Club Member Total

rcade

Maybe a trust can be set up in which people can donate to with the athletic department or stadium fund as the donee, and it will only be given to athletic department after an event, such as the firing of Dickey or the capital campaign going public? If enough people cancelled their MGC donations and put that money into the trust, RV, Bobby Ray and whoever else would be forced to take seriously what the fans have to say.

Now that's a great idea!!!! It, the "Trust" could be set up with the corpus of the trust specific to the creators of the trust. Certain conditions would have to be met before any monies from the trust would be released to the athletic department.

The trust could also specify that any monies provided to the trust, by the donors, would be returned to the donors if the conditions set forth in the trust were not met within a certain time frame.

Any ideas?

New Stadium Trust? "Build it and they will come"

New Coach Trust? If you care, you show it on the sidelines.

Remodel Fouts Trust?

Recruiting Incentives Trust?

P.S.--2,000 plus members of GMG.Com + $100.00 = $200,000.00

P.S.--2,000 plus members of GMG.Com + $100.00 = $200,000.00

If 2,000 GoMeanGreen members gave $100 to UNT athletics a year, we wouldn't have to come up with some complicated trust scheme to get the school to listen to us. They'd be falling all over themselves to make us happy and keep that money coming.

As far as the only reason to give is the sports you care about, well....that's kinda sad frankly.  Especially since with the low number of MGC members they're probably paying more for the "other" sports.  Until we have thousands of members, we can't pour money into the 2 high profile sports.

If this is the case then why join the MGC if it doesn't have any effect on your main concerns?

Edit: I don't mean to disrespect the other sports, just concerned with the specifics of money and where it goes.

Edited by Cr1028

If 2,000 GoMeanGreen members gave $100 to UNT athletics a year, we wouldn't have to come up with some complicated trust scheme to get the school to listen to us. They'd be falling all over themselves to make us happy and keep that money coming.

Actually, it is not complicated and it is certainly not a sceme. It is merely a legal vehicle in which the donors would have a say in the direction of the program.

If certain conditions were not met "The Corpus of the Trust" would provide for a return of the monies the donors so generously contributed.

Any major University would not fall all over themselves for a $200,000.00 donation from anyone. Now, if Quoner could convince GMG.Com to donate $1,000.00 per member /per year, then I would expect them to make a suprise midnight visit to our very own illustrious Quoner.

Anyone can and should join.

I hate the notion of withholding your financial support until, in this case, the Athletic Dept., measures up to some standard.

Am I happy with the state of NT football ? Of course not.

But what would happen to the Athletic program if every Mean Green member took Travis' stance ? We would need to shut down tomorrow.

The only way we are going to get out of this situation is to work together. Rick is not happy with the results on the field. He's a very samrt guy. We don't need to "send him a message." Withholding much needed money would be like not feeding your kids because they stayed out too late or didn't pick up their room.

If we do get to hire another coach, will he be more impressed with how many Mean Green members we have, or how many guys will fork over their money when we do this or that. If you expect every thing or everyone to please you, you should not be a Mean Green fan. Support the program because you want it to succeed, not as a reward.

Most of us are not able to coach football. Most can't stripe the field or clean up after a game. What we CAN do is pay the freight for those that can do these jobs.

I try to end all my posts the same way becasue I believe in the Mean Green. Not Darrell Dickey. Not even Rick. I was here long before they got here. I'll be here long after they've gone.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets ( And go to the game. Don't sit in the parking lot and whine)

GO MEAN GREEN

Anyone can and should join.

I hate the notion of withholding your financial support until, in this case, the Athletic Dept., measures up to some standard.

Am I happy with the state of NT football ?  Of course not.

But what would happen to the Athletic program if every Mean Green member took Travis' stance ?  We would need to shut down tomorrow.

The only way we are going to get out of this situation is to work together.  Rick is not happy with the results on the field.  He's a very samrt guy.  We don't need to "send him a message."  Withholding much needed money would be like not feeding your kids because they stayed out too late or didn't pick up their room.

If we do get to hire another coach, will he be more impressed with how many Mean Green members we have, or how many guys will fork over their money when we do this or that.  If you expect every thing or everyone to please you, you should not be a Mean Green fan.  Support the program because you want it to succeed, not as a reward.

Most of us are not able to coach football.  Most can't stripe the field or clean up after a game.  What we CAN do is pay the freight for those that can do these jobs.

I try to end all my posts the same way becasue I believe in the Mean Green.  Not Darrell Dickey.  Not even Rick.  I was here long before they got here.  I'll be here long after they've gone.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets (  And  go to the game.  Don't sit in the parking lot and whine)

GO MEAN GREEN

Exactly!