As many of you know...

BIG DAWG

...but my days backing this coach or over. This loss, a shutout to a Sunbelt team, a rival, have truly shown us what rock bottom is.

It is time for new faces...new ideas...a fresh start.

DD has done GREAT things here, but his hour glass has run empty.

4 STRAIGHT SUNBELT TITLES...

1) Cannot recruit a QB sad.gif

2) Cannot recruit any linemen sad.gif

3) Cannot win out of conference games sad.gif

4) Cannot stay CLOSE in most out of conference games sad.gif

5) Cannot win the fans over -- IN 9 YEARS mad.gif

Now take a look at what a coaching change can do for a team...

Look no further than Middle Tennessee State University. McCollum's guys were horrible. Stockstill has taken the same guys, and is making them play without any of the stupid mistakes they used to make (turnovers, penalties, ect), the same mistakes we make every week. I am not just speaking of last night's game either, just look at their game reviews over this season. They are a much sounder team.

He has changed their offensive system, the defensive sytem, and their attitude. Who would have thought that a coach would come in and get rid of the spread offense in these days?

You can look all over footbal at any level, sometimes a breath of fresh air in the coaching ranks brings a renewed vigor, an new WINNING attitude.

In talking with a very respected gomeangreen.com member not too long ago, he told me what a great guy DD is, a guy who you would love to have as a neighbor. He also told me that being a great guy doesn't make you a great coach. He told me that as great a guy as DD is, he is not good for this program.

I must say I now agree. This is not being negative, I think that DD has done great things here, but it is time to move on after this season.

I will still back the program...will be there for every home game, but at season's end I will now be expecting a coaching change.

The program, the players, the fans, the university, and the work that DD has done for the program...all deserve what is best, and what is best is for DD to be replaced.

Here is to continued support of the players...come loud and proud regardless who is coaching.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I agree with you Big Dawg.

DD has done a lot for this program, but it's apparent we need something different to take this team to the next level.

I stated in another thread that we should have a great pool to choose from considering the fact we are in a great recruiting area along with BEING A DIVISION 1 UNIVERSITY IN TEXAS WHO WANTS TO WIN AT FOOTBALL.

If Dennis Erickson can coach at Idaho & Mike Price can coach at UTEP, I'll be damned if we can't get a coach with a comparable resume.

cool.gif

You can look all over footbal at any level, sometimes a breath of fresh air in the coaching ranks brings a renewed vigor, an new WINNING attitude.

This is the key point. I've never seen a college team play with so little passion for the game. There was no enthusiasm on either side of the ball, and it looked like the offense knew it was going to fail and just went through the motions.

That was the first sporting event I ever attended where I didn't find ONE reason to cheer the entire game. Sad, sad sad.