What if...

BIG DAWG

What if...we ran the table...including La Tech?

That would mean we won the Belt...something not many people I guess care about anymore, because hey the is the Sunbelt. (meant to be snide)

BUT...we would have also gone 2-2 outside the conference (I know we play 5 games outside of conference, but I don't count UT as a winable game no matter what some of you think, or what kind of fan that makes me)

We would be 9-3, wins against SMU and LaTech, both at home, our only losses against UT, Tulsa (both pretty damn good teams), and Akron who the book is still out on.

We would also be going to another Bowl. We would only be losing arguably 5 impact seniors, making us a front runner for 2007.

Would you...especially you "negative posters", and anyone else for that matter still be on DD's ass?

Very interested...this could very well happen.

I also understand worse things could happen, but running the table is definitely a possibility.

I thought about that one Big Dawg. I would be happy with this season because of last years crappy record/showing. Though I am extremely frustrated with such horrible showings against very very winnable games.

My opinion, however, is that we wont win out. I am thinking two more losses this year at least.

here is to hoping I am wrong.

I would feel that we are very lucky if we post at the very least a 6-6 record.

If we did win out the rest of our games, I'd be happy with that portion of the season, but as Travis mentioned, frustrated with our Tulsa and Akron performances.

As a fan, of course I'd be happy if we won 8 games in a row, especially after losing 12 out of our last 14. A 9-3 mark would be beyond my expectations. And I like going to New Orleans.

But if you're asking if winning nine games over teams ranked #95 and lower constitutes forward progress for the program as a whole, I'd say probably not. We've established that we can compete in the Sunbelt; that's not the issue. We won't take the next step towards respectability until we can play on the same field as teams ranked #40-70, and we can beat teams ranked 70 and lower regularly. That's the frustration with the "bashers", appearing as if we don't belong on the field with the Akron', Tulsa's and La Tech's of the world.

Gotta go, its game time.