SMU Fans Perspective

NDT

I spoke with a friend today who played at SMU in the early 90's. It was the first time I had a chance to speak with him since the game. He commented that he was really impressed with two things: (1) The Tailgating. He said "I wish SMU had tailgating like that." and (2) The student section. He said the students were really into the game and far exceeded the enthusiasm of SMU students at home games. I think the two things are interrelated and that RV deserves a lot of credit for both.

I know two former SMU players and both think we should be in the same conference with SMU and believe that yearly games would make for a great rivalry.

Another friend told me a week or so ago that his daughter left the house the day of the SMU game and he asked if she was going. She said "only the tailgating, I am not going to the game." During the tailgating some SMU fans walked by her and her friends and said "Don't party to hard we expect you to be back at your job working for us on Monday." Needless to say, she was at the game and very vocal.