PodCast

eeally

I had the internet stream for the Akron Game. When there was a commercial you could still get the audio from the announcers. One was a jerk saying UNT sucked and the game was over. This was in the 2nd quarter.

The second half he was not so jovial. Of course he kept saying it was their second string. Which it was not most of the time.

The internet stream was amazing. Very cool thing to have.

ya, that was sooooo funny... those idiots didn't know they were still on the air. It was hard to argue with the inept comments looking at the score... but it was even funnier when in the 2nd half after Akron was getting shut out & it looked like we could come back to win, they got very serious and somewhat squeamish... they even started complimenting our defensive adjustments and noted that if we had any offensive, the game was ours to take.. the also starting mildly criticizing Akron's lack of overall adjustments.

I strongly believe that we would have won this game if our QB situation was settled at the beginning of the season. Woody needed more play time to get in sync. You cannot ask a freshman QB to do this playing 1/2 games. The good news: our defense gave us a real chance to win even though we were down 20+ points against a strong team. Once Woody and our offense gets in sync (huge assumption, I know), we are going to be extremely tough to beat. This is why I am so excited about the rest of this, and next, season. To me, Akron was a sign of life.

Edited by chrisfisher

You know, after the onside kick, if Woody had put the ball in the general area of Quinn it would have been six. But he, like the rest of the world is not comfortable with Johnny's speed.

The ball was thrown behind Quinn and Akron picked it off.

I agree, time will fix the problem.

And what really matters are the next 7 games...right the ship and all is well.

None of our boys on that field gave up on the game. Dickey must have lit a match under their butts because that second half they had fire in their eyes. The play calling was similar to SMU, Akron was just better, and we failed to execute. But it was not from lack of want or desire.

I really think we are going to put a pounding on MUTS on Sat.

And on a scheduleing note, isnt it nice to have our $$$ game on week one instead of getting stomped going into conf play...

I strongly believe that we would have won this game if our QB situation was settled at the beginning of the season. Woody needed more play time to get in sync.

You know, after the onside kick, if Woody had put the ball in the general area of Quinn it would have been six. But he, like the rest of the world is not comfortable with Johnny's speed.

The ball was thrown behind Quinn and Akron picked it off.

I agree, time will fix the problem.

And what really matters are the next 7 games...right the ship and all is well.

None of our boys on that field gave up on the game. Dickey must have lit a match under their butts because that second half they had fire in their eyes. The play calling was similar to SMU, Akron was just better, and we failed to execute. But it was not from lack of want or desire.

I really think we are going to put a pounding on MUTS on Sat.

And on a scheduleing note, isnt it nice to have our $$$ game on week one instead of getting stomped going into conf play...

I strongly believe that we would have won this game if our QB situation was settled at the beginning of the season. Woody needed more play time to get in sync.

You echo many of previous comments. After the dynamic offensive calls against Akron, I agree with DD that there are still significant execution problems. It was harder to see this in our running game, but became very apparent in our passing game. Woody simply was not as sharp and missed a couple of easy passes, including a pass to the end zone to a fairly wide open receiver or tight end (can't recall who is was) in the 2nd half. But you have to expect this given he hasn't taken most of snaps in practice, and only played 1/2 - 3/4 games.

I am concerned about is what offensive play book will show up against MTSU. We are so hit and miss. It like a different offense shows up at each game. If the calls are anything like the SMU game, and 2nd half Akron, I have NO PROBLEM with the coaches on offense. We didn't score Akron b/c of execution, not play calling.

Edited by chrisfisher