North Texas is the only 1-A team.....

BobFam

A.V.

I was comparing Mid-Major programs to Mid-Majors and BCS to BCS.

Of course there are going to be differences in salaries, facilities, state supported vs. private and student populations in each category.

Regardless of the differences in each category UNT should be able to compete with ANY Mid-Major program regardless of coaches salaries, facilities, private, public, and student population!!

You base your argument that the higher the coaches salary the better the record. Wrong.........In that case Mike Price (UTEP) should have a record similar to that of DD.........and Rice should have a similar record to TCU (because they are both small private mid-major programs).

AV---your argument is moot.

Edited by eulesseagle

Guest Aquila_Viridis

A.V.

I was comparing Mid-Major programs to Mid-Majors and BCS to BCS.

Of course there are going to be differences in salaries, facilities, state supported vs. private and student populations in each category.

Regardless of the differences in each category UNT should be able to compete with ANY Mid-Major program regardless of coaches salaries, facilities, private, public, and student population!!

You base your argument that the higher the coaches salary the better the record.  Wrong.........In that case Mike Price (UTEP) should have a record similar to that of DD.........and Rice should have a similar record to TCU (because they are both small private mid-major programs).

AV---your argument is moot.

Wow, I don't know where to start with that. I didn't say 'the higher the coach's salary, the better the record', and nor was that an unstated proposition of my ramble.

Putting aside what I said, looking at what you said, I think it is wrong for you to try to lump a bunch of schools into the 'mid-major' category. North Texas athletics are simply not on par with TCU. It's not appropriate to compare them in their present state. Now, should we expect them to be comparable? Yes, so I thnk we would find common ground there. However, the fact is, TCU several years ago made a level of commitment that NT has not made. I picked out TCU because I know more about them than the others you mentioned.

The leadership at North Texas apparently does not see how a respected reputation in athletics will more than pay for its expensive self. But if the leadership doesn't get it, well we are sort of pissing in the wind.

I am not looking for a record like TCU has, though it would be great. All I want is for people to know that we can get on the field and at least hang with nearly all of the D1 programs, at least cause the really big ones some concern, and consistently knock around the lowly ones. Our leadership does not share that vision. I think you have the same vision, but you have to admit that those who have achieved it have invested a lot more than NT has.