Response to DD supporters

Mean'n'Green07

I think we have a decent squad here. We dominated an SMU team who killed Ark State. Ark State beat army, who played a great game against A&M.

With that logic we should be able to play any CUSA or MAC team at a competitive level. So what's wrong? Why are we getting blown out? It's not because tulsa and akron had better athletes.

Now let me sum up what everyone on this board keep posting:

If you look at the stats and analzye them there's one common denominator. It's our coaching holding us back, not our athletes. When your starting QB has 6 pass attempts, or when you lose the turnover/field position/special teams battle, this is clearly a poorly coached team.

I think I read this right, but didn't we have more yards total offense than akron?!?! If you look at the final score and see those stats, if you think for one second that this isn't a coaching problem you are totally inept. If athletic ability is the problem there's only so much you can do, but these are correctible errors that have been happening for 2 years.

I think we have a decent squad here. We dominated an SMU team who killed Ark State. Ark State beat army, who played a great game against A&M.

With that logic we should be able to play any CUSA or MAC team at a competitive level. So what's wrong? Why are we getting blown out? It's not because tulsa and akron had better athletes.

Now let me sum up what everyone on this board keep posting:

If you look at the stats and analzye them there's one common denominator. It's our coaching holding us back, not our athletes. When your starting QB has 6 pass attempts, or when you lose the turnover/field position/special teams battle, this is clearly a poorly coached team.

I think I read this right, but didn't we have more yards total offense than akron?!?! If you look at the final score and see those stats, if you think for one second that this isn't a coaching problem you are totally inept. If athletic ability is the problem there's only so much you can do, but these are correctible errors that have been happening for 2 years.

Going off coaching, I disagree. I have to say that 2 important things happened at Akron. We opened the second page of the playbook and got Johnny Quinn his first touchdown reception. We let Woody do his thing without pulling him. This allowed Jamario to show some signs of life.

Kickoff coverage got a hurtin put on them yes, but don't forget that we also blocked a punt and recovered an onside kick. Special teams is not a total loss. I'm sure someone on the kickoff team will get chewed this week over blown coverage.

The positives I see are that the playbook is expanding, Woody is starting to mesh with his teammates and has 3 years left. Jamario has another year left and Evan seems to have great speed to back him up too. I think as the team grows together, we are in for greener pastures during Woody's tenure. After that? I guess we'll see.

The positives I see are that the playbook is expanding, Woody is starting to mesh with his teammates and has 3 years left. Jamario has another year left and Evan seems to have great speed to back him up too. I think as the team grows together, we are in for greener pastures during Woody's tenure.

I feel the same way. I think it was a very positive move to get more offense and points than 2 of the last 3 games. I think it helps team moral. I wish they could have pushed it in the two times they were so close, the score wouldn't have seemed so bad. Special teams have done some really good things this year. I think they'll regroup and beat up the MUTS Saturday.

As for next Saturday, I am feeling very good that we can come away with another home win against the MUTS...

As I have said before, nothing beats a Saturday night at Fouts! Especially when we beat up on the SMUts.