OOC scheduling philosophy

e-bone ver2.awesome

In prior years we blamed our poor OOC records on playing top BCS teams. Well, we can't do that anymore. We played Texas, but then our other OOC games are against two CUSA teams, a MAC team and a WAC team. Results? Still getting blown out. So if no one in the athletic department cares that we can't compete in OOC no matter who we play, why don't we just start scheduling "body bag" games to make some money? I mean if we are going to get stomped either way, we might as well make some dough, right?

Of course it would be preferable to try to compete in OOC games while we have teams on the schedule we should be able to play with, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What's the deal with Florida International? They're a football newbie and have played the ACC, Big East, and MAC to the wire in all three games this season. They're managing to pull in a nice paycheck and play some good football all at the same time. Too bad we can't compete as well in OOC games as they seem to be doing. Regardless of the rest of the SBC scores today, it looks like we may have a rough go of it in The Belt this year.

In prior years we blamed our poor OOC records on playing top BCS teams. Well, we can't do that anymore. We played Texas, but then our other OOC games are against two CUSA teams, a MAC team and a WAC team. Results? Still getting blown out. So if no one in the athletic department cares that we can't compete in OOC no matter who we play, why don't we just start scheduling "body bag" games to make some money? I mean if we are going to get stomped either way, we might as well make some dough, right?

Of course it would be preferable to try to compete in OOC games while we have teams on the schedule we should be able to play with, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

You know, that is a really great point....we should seriously schedule all of the big boys and make some dough, because this coaching staff has no clue what they are doing and no plans to try and win these OOC game.