Is this funny?

gangrene

In the post-game interview with Georgie, DD takes full responsibility for having NOT prepared the football team for this week's game. As he's describing what happened in the first half he said, "They (Akron) sort of just had their way with us." and actually laughed it off with a few chuckles.

Is it just me or is that attitude something to get upset about?

In the post-game interview with Georgie, DD takes full responsibility for having NOT prepared the football team for this week's game.  As he's describing what happened in the first half he said, "They (Akron) sort of just had their way with us." and actually laughed it off with a few chuckles.

Is it just me or is that attitude something to get upset about?

I just posted an opposite view of his comments.. we'll have to work it out over the this week of posts....

You're putting things in there that I really didn;t see from that interview.  DD seemed pretty pissed to me.  He implied that they should have compwted better, and could have won

Well, that's why I asked...so maybe it was just me. I interpreted that laugh as a lackadaisical attitude. He obviously said some things at half time that got the team fired up, so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

You're putting things in there that I really didn;t see from that interview.  DD seemed pretty pissed to me.  He implied that they should have compwted better, and could have won

I assume you are responding to gangrene? I thought DD had victory in his eyes for the 2nd half, and expressed on honest assessment of our first half play. DD & Co. went for the win in the 2nd half. I don't care what anyone says.

Edited by chrisfisher

Guest GrayEagleOne

Lately, I have been a Dickey critic but I didn't take his laugh as anything but a nervous laugh and not that he was making light of anything.

He took FULL responsibility for not having them ready to play. As best as I can recall, that was a first. He has blamed coaches (including himself) and players for mistakes previously but this time he blamed no one other than himself.

Lately, I have been a Dickey critic but I didn't take his laugh as anything but a nervous laugh and not that he was making light of anything.

He should blame himself. This loss is absurd, embarrasing, and unacceptable.

The team's interest level is going to mimic the head coach's interest level, which seems to be about zero in OOC games until after the game is over.

Tulsa and Akron were benchmark games for this program - guess there's always next year, and the next, and the next...

I think everytime "keep 8 men in the box" talks it is funny. I have to laugh, otherwise it pisses me off. Whats amazing is some on here still think we can run the table in the belt and think we will be fine. Yea, we could run the table, but if we did, we would come back to reality in the bowl when we have to go OOC again.

I think everytime "keep 8 men in the box" talks it is funny.  I have to laugh, otherwise it pisses me off.  Whats amazing is some on here still think we can run the table in the belt and think we will be fine.  Yea, we could run the table, but if we did, we would come back to reality in the bowl when we have to go OOC again.

Yeah? So you're saying we run the table, win the SBC, and lose in a bowl game - and you would consider that failure? I mean, you've said (on about 10 threads) how much "the team sucks", so I'm wondering what would make you get some pleasure out of this?

Well, that's why I asked...so maybe it was just me.  I interpreted that laugh as a lackadaisical attitude.  He obviously said some things at half time that got the team fired up, so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.

I was under the impression that most of the second string came in to start the second half for Akron, and they did not need to run up the score on us anyway. Don't take mercy points for the coaches coming up with a better game plan.

Edited by KingDL1