after a win at Akron...

Eagle1855

I've been pretty quiet on the DD bashing. The first two games gave me hope he had turned a corner. After the Tulsa performance I am scared again. I equate that performance to an addict who was doing really well in recovery then relapsed. Dickey is addicted to the run, went to "Run b/w the tackles anonymous" and was doing quite well, then fell back to his old ways. Hopefully it was just for one game.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been pretty quiet on the DD bashing.  The first two games gave me hope he had turned a corner.  After the Tulsa performance I am scared again.  I equate that performance to an addict who was doing really well in recovery then relapsed.  Dickey is addicted to the run, went to "Run b/w the tackles anonymous" and was doing quite well, then fell back to his old ways.  Hopefully it was just for one game.

As a psychologist in training at UNT, I love your analogy!

... many will be singing the praises of DD. So, how many will come back on here a week later burning effigies after we lose to MTSU at home?

just thought a satirical exercise on hypotheticals would be fun, this beautiful Wednesday morning!

Actually, I predict we'll win most SBC games, though Troy worries me. All of our SBC games were very close last year, and we have a much better team this year. Unless the other SBC teams have drastically improved, I think we'll win the SBC title. Hopefully, DD & Co. won't make me eat a slice of humble pie at the end of the season.

I've been pretty quiet on the DD bashing.  The first two games gave me hope he had turned a corner.  After the Tulsa performance I am scared again.  I equate that performance to an addict who was doing really well in recovery then relapsed.  Dickey is addicted to the run, went to "Run b/w the tackles anonymous" and was doing quite well, then fell back to his old ways.  Hopefully it was just for one game.

agree 100%, just found myself laughing at the fact there have already been 2 180's on the guy in 3 games...

I guess I dont see what everyone else sees. I still think SMU could have beaten us and that they may deserve as much credit beating themselves as we have beaten them. They dropped a wide open TD pass that could have changed the momentum of the entire game. Several personal fouls killed their drives (or kept ours moving). We were still running the stupid draw play up the middle for little to no gain. SMU was bad, but nobody cares when the final score shows up 24-6 over a must-win. Make no mistake- Im glad we won.

My point is, this isnt a good team- yet. Tulsa is. Akron is. Whether it gels into one later in the season remains to be seen. THAT DEPENDS ON COACHING. I still think 2007 is our breakout year.

Not trying to be a downer, just being realistic. We havent had any offensive production. The defense is the ONLY reason we didnt have a repeat of 2005 against Tulsa.

Edited by Eagle1855

Actually, I predict we'll win most SBC games, though Troy worries me.  All of our SBC games were very close last year, and we have a much better team this year. Unless the other SBC teams have drastically improved, I think we'll win the SBC title.

I agree with you here, but I also maintain winning the sun belt is similar to being the thinnest kid at fat camp. You have to be competitive in games against the La Tech's, Tulsa's and Akrons of the world.

I agree with you here, but I also maintain winning the sun belt is similar to being the thinnest kid at fat camp. You have to be competitive in games against the La Tech's, Tulsa's and Akrons of the world.

We will give Louisana Tech a run for its money. They have been unimpressive so far this Fall and some of our pieces should be falling in place by the time we meet them. I'm quite hopeful for a victory in that game.

If we had seen the same kind of playcalling against Tulsa that we did against SMU I think the DD bashing would be a lot less severe this week. After SMU many people who aren't DD fans thought that maybe something had gotten through to him and were hoping that he would continue the semi-creative playcalling that we witnessed against SMU. Instead, we revert back to the "please don't blow us out" gameplan against Tulsa and a lot of people have just had enough.

Whether we win or lose against Akron, how the coaches approach the game and how they call it will be extremely important in the eyes of many Mean Green fans.

If we had seen the same kind of playcalling against Tulsa that we did against SMU I think the DD bashing would be a lot less severe this week. After SMU many people who aren't DD fans thought that maybe something had gotten through to him and were hoping that he would continue the semi-creative playcalling that we witnessed against SMU. Instead, we revert back to the "please don't blow us out" gameplan against Tulsa and a lot of people have just had enough.

Whether we win or lose against Akron, how the coaches approach the game and how they call it will be extremely important in the eyes of many Mean Green fans.

I agree. Lord knows that forum members can handle losing games, else this board would be vacant... it is more about HOW we lose.

Truer words were never spoken. e-bone, this sums up my feelings exactly, and I'm sure many others feel the same way. I thought DD had finally grown a set against SMUt, so the Tulsa mess just made me sick.

I dunno about you, but Troy scares the S**T outta me.

One of the forum members stated that Troy is kinda like Fresno State (I think this is the team).... scaring or outright beating teams they shouldn't and losing to teams during conference play that they should beat. I'll stick with "worries me" for now.