I think UNT can beat Akron!

UNT_playmaker

We can win against Akron, they are not as strong as last year and are a MAC team....We still have a coach trying to run different options on both sides of the ball, I hope he has pieced things together and will have a sufficient game plan, I think he will...

Darrell Dickey, is an offensive coach, first, and 89 yds isnt going to do for him, he will redraw the board and put a new scheme into the game against Akron...Tulsa just still has our number, they outplayed us....

Like Army outplayed A&M, saw that game tonight....A&M sucks cool.gif

Anyways, I think we will cover the spread and might win this one, RV schedule SMU, LaTech, Tulsa, and Akron as winnable OOC games....we just lost one so far..

Remember how good we all felt winning at home winning against those good for nothing ponies, it was a great OOC win, and you know what, the Mustangs came to win.... But our coaching staff and players prepared to win the biggest game on our schedule and did. Trust me there is alot more Wins coming our way than Losses this season, and the big question is Troy for the SBC title...

Its going to be okay, our defense is sharp and smart at that....Our kicker is gaining confidence, and im sure the OL got their asses chewed out enough to turn things around...QB wise, Woody will be our man for the next three years....Dickey tried out Meager and he didnt perform...

My big question is Jamario Thomas, how did he fall so behind from 2004 season.

We are going to be okay MEAN GREEN NATION, We still have alot of football to go, coaching a team is very diffucult and there are alot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we never know about, so chins up and lets get back to rooting for our favorite football team. Remember

~~WE ARE NORTH TEXAS~~

Edited by UNT_playmaker

I really dont think any COLLEGE football coach would settle for 89 yds in a game against any team... I really think we will play a better offensive game against Akron and if that happens I dont see any reasons why we could lose that game if we put up good numbers on the field....

Most people on this board want Dickey out just for the simple reason that if we run him off them a new vibrant fantastic coach will take the reins of what was left behind....quite frankly UNT has a better chance of getting Hayden Fry to take over the program once again then getting a high profile coach to come through Denton, Texas.

By the way, Hayden Fry would be the first coach I would court if there was any opening at NT....

Most people on this board want Dickey out just for the simple reason that if we run him off them a new vibrant fantastic coach will take the reins of what was left behind....quite frankly UNT has a better chance of getting Hayden Fry to take over the program once again then getting a high profile coach to come through Denton, Texas.

By the way, Hayden Fry would be the first coach I would court if there was any opening at NT....

blink.gif .... Looks like you picked the wrong week to START sniffing glue? I back Coach Dickey too, you know that... but we need an offensive spark, and SOON! Three things...

1. QB stability: You have to KEEP Woody Wilson in the saddle. The kid is a play-maker. The more time he gets, the better he makes decisions and reads. The QB carousel is "no workie-workie".

2. Play calling: You convince RF that THIRD down comes just before FOURTH down. I know Dickey can over-ride Ramon's play calls in situations, but I think RF has to start thinking outside the box. (especially if there are 8 men in it) Yes, Jamario is a very good option on 3rd and whatever... please throw the freakin ball and back those Linebackers off! Just try it for the hell of it, and if it works... RF can say he was planning it all along! If not, he can blame Darrell Dickey! DD's been taking heat rounds for him since last year anyway...he wont care!

3. Patience: I know, this is the tough one for some of us. Good or bad this team is ours, and so are the coaches. We know we will not start 0-4 or 0-5 as we already have a win, and a good one in my opinion. Back the coaching staff for the season and let the chips fall where they may in January.

GMG!!!

blink.gif .... Looks like you picked the wrong week to START sniffing glue? I back Coach Dickey too, you know that... but we need an offensive spark, and SOON! Three things...

1. QB stability: You have to KEEP Woody Wilson in the saddle. The kid is a play-maker. The more time he gets, the better he makes decisions and reads. The QB carousel is "no workie-workie".

Sure is a play-maker avg. what 16 yards per quarter

2. Play calling: You convince RF that THIRD down comes just before FOURTH down. I know Dickey can over-ride Ramon's play calls in situations, but I think RF has to start thinking outside the box. (especially if there are 8 men in it) Yes, Jamario is a very good option on 3rd and whatever... please throw the freakin ball and back those Linebackers off! Just try it for the hell of it, and if it works... RF can say he was planning it all along! If not, he can blame Darrell Dickey! DD's been taking heat rounds for him since last year anyway...he wont care!

Sure if the quarterback is smart enought to understand the plays and check to the pass when this happens.

After TU stopped them self in the first quarter with two int. the defense must have gotten real tired during those 9 plays as UNT touched the ball one time in the second quarter. Two times in the second quarter. The defense mus tmake some stops and not cry I'm tired after 9 plays.

In the second and third quarters we had a total of 5 yards. This is for 30 min. of football. If Woody is your play-maker he had better show it this week.

He is great at standing on the 35 yardline beating his chest saying let me run the ball. So they did and went 6 plays for a total of 0 yards

Edited by KBJ

3. Patience: I know, this is the tough one for some of us. Good or bad this team is ours, and so are the coaches. We know we will not start 0-4 or 0-5 as we already have a win, and a good one in my opinion. Back the coaching staff for the season and let the chips fall where they may in January.

GMG!!!

Actually, my husband works with one of the former OL guys. My husband asked him about the third down plays, and the OL guy said that it was actually DD who made the call on those.

You are relatively new to the board and seem to have a bias against WW, or some insight into the program.  Are you a player or a parent?

No just a old man that played sports in the 60's and 70's for college and then the USA national team that loves college football and good kids. I have read this board for about 5 years and see people try to build up players and bad mouth others with out look at the facts.

After Scott Hall Joey was the greatest thing that ever happened in Denton who cared he was selling drugs. Then Matt was the greatest thing and now it must be Woody.

No one has worked harder then Meager to gain some pounds and completely changed his arm motion this last summer. If you really watched the TU game the two best passes were Meager's. The 47 yard pass that was int was a great pass JQ got taken off the field and stopped running.

All that I want is this board to look at the facts not the bull

No just a old man that played sports in the 60's and 70's for college and then the USA national team that loves college football and good kids. I have read this board for about 5 years and see people try to build up players and bad mouth others with out look at the facts.

After Scott Hall Joey was the greatest thing that ever happened in Denton who cared he was selling drugs. Then Matt was the greatest thing and now it must be Woody.

No one has worked harder then Meager to gain some pounds and completely changed his arm motion this last summer.  If you really  watched the TU game the two best passes were Meager's. The 47 yard pass that was int was a great pass JQ got taken off the field and stopped running.

So, in a nutshell, you believe that Meager should be starting?

No one has worked harder then Meager to gain some pounds and completely changed his arm motion this last summer.  If you really  watched the TU game the two best passes were Meager's. The 47 yard pass that was int was a great pass JQ got taken off the field and stopped running.

You seem to have some inside information, Joey selling drugs, etc..., that others don't. What your connection?